Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 06:48 AM

Tickle,

They have already started the ordering of flu shots. Maybe not for adults, but my youngest(5) has to get a flu shot every 6 months by our NJ health regulations. They are forcing immunizations on people little by little. I refuse to do the H1N1 shot and also won't allow them to give it to my children.

This whole system has become nothing but a joke.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    How can 'they' order you to take flu shots ?

tick
    tick, we live in a different world - Canada. :)
    My kids got the H1N1 shot (voluntarily of course) and they seem to be still living. I laugh at thode that think the government is out to kill them... but then I don't live in the US where the cult of fear is the prime directive.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 07:07 AM

I don't think it will kill them, I've just seen too many cases in the U.S, NJ especially where the nurses foul up the injection. My 5 year old doesn't take shots well, and to add to the discomfort by them fouling it up is not wise on my part.

Also, I work in a school and when we had the H1N1 shot done here, we had several kids go home with symptoms of reactions to it but I don't think they are out to kill us. They just rushed the vaccine in my opinion
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Didn't we get the same vaccine ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 07:09 AM

That I am not sure of, I know that our state had theirs recalled fairly quickly due to "known concerns" but they wouldn't elaborate
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 5, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    tick, we live in a different world - Canada. :)
    My kids got the H1N1 shot (voluntarily of course) and they seem to be still living. I laugh at thode that think the government is out to kill them...but then I don't live in the US where the cult of fear is the prime directive.
    I got both with no ill effects; had to have them because I am in healthcare visiting clients. My son and husband didn't get them and at different times got violently ill with flu symptoms diahhrea and vomitting for 24 hours.

I am fine, I got the flu shots.

Tick
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 01:11 PM

The known concerns I'm aware of were some of the doses for children were a little weak. They weren't harmful, just weak, and that would be taken care of with the recommended second shot for children.

The wife and I received both with no ill effects. The reasons some may get ill are allergy to eggs, running a fever, or possibly taking the live virus... or it's all in their head. If it was like when I received mine, I was asked about 13 times if I'd ever had a reaction to a seasonal flu shot, if I were allergic to eggs or had a fever, so if anyone fell in those categories it was their own fault for taking the shot that day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health and social care - hazards in health & social care settings [ 10 Answers ]

Explain the potential hazards in health and social care settings, you should include: 1. hazards: e.g. from workinh environment, working condition, poor staffing training, poor working practices, equipment, substance etc. 2. working environment: e.g. within an organisation's premises 3....

Health care & home care [ 2 Answers ]

How do I set up health care & Home care agency?

The Baucus health care bill [ 8 Answers ]

Hello wingers: How come so quiet? Is it cause you got what you want - a GIFT of 30 million new customers to the insurance companies? If you guys weren't sooooo far to the right, Max Baucus would be a Republican... One thing you can say about Republicans, though... Even IF your...

Health care [ 2 Answers ]

Is welfare the same as medicare ?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

View more questions Search