Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mk6567 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 10:31 AM
    Keyboard and mouse unresponsive on hp pavilion zv6107wm
    My cdrw/dvd stopped working and I went to a site that told me to delete the upper limits.(I did save a restore point first) after restarting my keyboard and touchpad are unresponsive
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 12:47 PM

Since we don't know what you did, I'd try first to try to restore the "restore point". If that doesn't work, you're probably in for a full reinstall of Windows.

(and "delete the upper limits" of what?)
    mk6567 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 02:22 PM
    I was told to delete the upper limits in the device manager because sometimes with updates the settings get changed incorrectly
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 08:34 PM

To uninstall and reinstall the drivers, usually fixes that type of problems.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mk6567 View Post
    i was told to delete the upper limits in the device manager because sometimes with updates the settings get changed incorrectly
    But upper and lower limits of What? I'm having trouble understanding what you did. I look at my CD/DVD drives and I'm afraid I don't see any upper or lower limits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mouse and Keyboard don't work at start up [ 2 Answers ]

I have usb mouse and keyboard. The keyboard works during bios, and system setup. I checked in bios, and usb is enabled and on. But when it comes to the screen where you click ctrl+alt+delete, my keyboard doesn't work and the mouse doesn't move. They are plugged in securely, I have tried putting it...

Pavilion 520n keyboard connect ? [ 1 Answers ]

Windows xp pavilion 520n keyboard , When I push the internet "connect" button the screen reads - cannot find :" http://redirect . Paviliondownload . Com/ 2.0/ connect/en_us/index.htmi ? VER =6&url=http://hp-desktop .aol .com " . DNS error server cannot be found . It should go to AOL . I can...

Macbook keboard unresponsive but mouse works? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with a problem. My keyboard on my macbook a1181 is dead. It was dirty so I cleaned it with a clorox orange scented wipe. I know not a very smart thing to to. Now the mouse pad and clicker work but none of the keys at all do. I am wondering if there is...

Wireless keyboard/mouse [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of mine just bought a device that allows her to view everything her children are typing on the computer. It is suppose to plug into the usb port. The problem is that the mouse and keyboard seem to be connected to the same port.. if that makes sense... and when she plugs in the device it...

Using 1 keyboard and 1 mouse for 2 computers [ 2 Answers ]

I am using to machines (PCs) with 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. Is there a way to have only one mouse and a key board as I have to software to be used at one time?

View more questions Search