Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    electr0 Posts: 18, Reputation: 0

Nov 13, 2006, 08:11 PM
    PS3 or 360
    I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the 360. Also if someone knows for sure which one is going to be better too.:D

If anyone would know what to do in this situaton, I would be grateful to receive an answer. T Y:confused:
    Hessian Horseman Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 08:00 AM
    Sony has more game titles under there belt, though Microsoft is tough competitor. The downfall of 360 is you can't play old xbox games, and the ps3 is compatible all the way back to ps1. 360 already has many good games out but also ps3 will ante up pretty good.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 14, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Actually you can play old Xbox games on the 360, and honestly I think it would be a better choice to by the 360. Only because your friends all have it, so you can play online, and the fact that Microsoft has the better games(Halo 3 and Gears of War). And no I am not an xbox junkie, I have the xbox's and playstation's, but honestly sony doesn't make that great of equipment and they usually have mechincal problems. So it seems to me the choice would be the 360, however that's only if you like the games they offer on that console.
    superdaredork Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Nov 17, 2006, 05:53 AM
    PS3 would b better for more game variants. But XBOX has better graphics, and more realistic games.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 17, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superdaredork
    PS3 would b better for more game variants. But XBOX has better graphics, and more realistic games.
    The choice right now somewhat depends on whether you wish to camp out for three days, only to risk your life in a stampeding horde when the police show up to evict the unruly mob from the store. Watch the news from California. :)
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 17, 2006, 11:50 AM
    Yeah I have seen this first hand, it's scary... also I found out that the PS3 won't play the old ps2 ps1 console games
    waltman46 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:26 AM
    The new PS3 will not play "most" of your old PS1 OR PS2 games.And it stinks after hearing that it would!! But it is an awesome console but I've only found 5 games so far,2 are basketball.Kinda frustrated but still like it.
    yooky Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 09:28 AM
    U should just get the ps3. I have a 360 and ps3. The ps3 I way better
    Daman321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jan 2, 2007, 09:44 AM
    PS3
    Pros:
    Great Processor
    Great GRaphics
    Many Games from PS2
    Cons:
    PS1 Games may need to be purchased through special network
    Price
    No Option for Blu-ray or HD DDVD
    No 1080P support (read up on this sony claims it does but the hardware/or software doesn't allow for it)

Xbox 360

Pros:
    Good Graphics
    Xbox Live
    Massive competitor, ties with major company's
    Optional Addon so if you don't want HD DVD you don't have to buy it.
    XNA (allows you to make games for you 360, requires knowledge of C++ and other)
    Cons:
    Initial system failures
    Fee for Xbox live (49.99 a year)
    You WILL NEED to get a extended warranty
    major_soccer_freak Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superdaredork
    Actually the PS3 does have better graphics. As for the choice go with the 360 because now its way cheaper and already has most or all of the bugs worked out on it, and also Microsoft is updating their list every so often on xbox games you can play on the 360. Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360.

I like the wii though very interesting game system.
    davidg229 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by electr0
    I never thought this might be a problem but, I've already had a PS2 and a bunch of games for it and never had any xbox games, while so far my friends all have 360's and now the PS3 is coming out. I want to get the PS3 because of my games that I can play for it. But then I can play the online on the 360. Also if someone knows for sure which one is going to be better too.:D

If anyone would know what to do in this situaton, I would be grateful to recieve an answer. T Y:confused:
    Get a ps3. You can go oneline you have blueray and have great games it is a psp but it is better.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg229
    Get a ps3. You can go oneline you have blueray and have great games it is a psp but it is better.

Please check how old a post is before replying, this one is 4 months old
    saturday Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
    I would suggest the 360 because they obviously have more games because its came out last year they both have equally great graphics and because the xbox is about 150 dollars cheaper
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Mar 20, 2007, 07:09 AM
    I would go for the PS3 all of the way as people have said the xbox has worked out most of the bugs the PS3 has not even come out yet but the 360 will never take over the PS3 I have played on both and the PS3 offers so much Blue-Ray dvd's lan you can even host a website from one and they are more secure than some servers.
    gameguru1360 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2007, 02:58 PM
    The main thing that is turning people off on the ps3 is the price. If you look at how many people are selling the ps3 as opposed to people actually buying the xbox360, you'll see a lot more fan based people playing the xbox360 than the ps3. But I would say wait after a year and then see more people actually playing the ps3 because the 1st gen titles usually suck. It was the same way with the xbox360... give it a year and see how more developers discover the capabilities of the game console
    Hunter_Man 1010 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 09:48 AM
    I think the ps3 is better for 1 player games and 360 for 2 player game, and the 360 can only play some xbox games
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 2, 2007, 08:36 PM
    If we only new that the ps3 would still be sucking in sept 07, wed save so much money
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Xbox 360 going to die! The only thing keeping it alive is Halo 3
    keef4kt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
    The 360 has better game play for multiplayer and the PS3 has better graphics. So its just which one you would rather have.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Sigh, even though this post is a year old, true gamers will just buy both anyway so it doesn't matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero II for PS3 help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I don't have a PS2 'cause I made a mistake by waiting for the PS3 to come out forever, but SINCE IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT... I'm going to get it. And the first games I want are Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero II. I want to know if it'll play on my Play Station 3 since it's made for Play...

View more questions Search