Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Dec 20, 2009, 11:06 PM
    Stomach flu? Pregnant?
    For almost a week now my stomach has been feeling kind of weird. It's not a really bad nausous feeling and I haven't thrown up. It feels like how it does when I haven't eaten for too long and I'm 'past the hungry feeling and I just feel sick' feeling. And on Saturday I barely ate anything... whenever I got hungry and sat down to eat I would just eat half, not even, of what was on my plate. I don't know if it's some kind of bug or what.
    I always get paranoid about getting pregnant and now I'm worried about that. The last time I had sex was the 2nd week of Nov, and I was on my period. I got my period a couple weeks ago and everything was normal. It came the same time it always does and the flow was the same too. I've also never missed a birth control pill since I've started them a year and half ago. I got paranoid because I feel my stomach looks bigger, but my weight is the same as it's been. I'm not really showing any other signs of pregnancy, but it's always hard to tell since the signs could be a number of other things. Despite all these things, I still took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Since I didn't miss my period, does it matter when I take that?
    I have a really weird schedule... I work night shift full time and I am a full time student during the day. I understand that my weird sleeping and eating patterns could be the result of this... even though I've been on this schedule for about a year now. There's nothing big and obvious saying I'm pregnant... but like I said I get so paranoid about this and I think I over-analyze things. Should I be worried or just forget it?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 11:51 PM

Chances are, you probably are just being paranoid about being pregnant. At this point, it doesn't sound like you have any real reason to worry that you are, although that doesn't make it impossible. The nausea may be something to worry about though. There's so many things that can cause it. Something's aren't so serious, other causes are very serious. Sometimes I go through phases where I get nauseous a lot. Usually when I'm stressed and busy and not taking the time to eat right. Once I start getting enough sleep again and eating properly, I start feeling better. I would start with paying attention to what you're eating and how much sleep you're squeezing into your busy schedule. If you still don't feel better, I'd definitely check in with your dr just to make sure it's nothing serious

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain in stomach 16 weeks pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and having really bad sharp pains inside my stomach (inside and around the belly button) It's been like this for a few days and seems to get worse every day. It feels like it's brused very bad in the inside. I can't hardly pick my daughter up and when I'm holding her in my...

Stomach Flu! I need imformation ! [ 3 Answers ]

:eek:ok so I got to school and there has been a lot of people out latley. My friend told me there was a stomach flu on the news . I was a little worried:( at tthis point. So I started washing my hands before I ate lunch. But then I read that this virus could also be airborne in a bathroom. That's...

Could I be pregnant? Or maybe an STD? Or flu? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I had intercourse 2nights ago and I am on the pill and he wore a condom. But this morning I woke up and I felt great, but after about 2hours I puked and I have been really tired all day and I feel like I have period cramps, my breasts are tender and I have a headache.. but I only had...

Pregnant and sore on stomach [ 1 Answers ]

I am six weeks pregnant and I am having this soreness about 3 inches or so above my belly button and it gets worse with movnment but it is not crampy just really sore but I did not get hurt in anyway what can this be?

Flu and pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I am 9 weeks pregnant and I have the flu. My temp has not been above 101 and I have kept it down with meds approved by my OB. What harm can running a fever for 4 or more days do? And has anyone ever done this and had a healthy baby and everything been fine? I am scared and my OB seems like it...

View more questions Search