Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PenpuinPerson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 03:23 PM
    How long to Laxatives effect your system?
    What's the duration? SHould I be home ridden for at least two days? Thanks
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 04:48 PM

No. After 24 hours, the laxative should be all gone.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 05:24 PM

I see you have posted this under weight loss.

Using laxatives as a form of weight loss can be dangerous.

Laxatives can ruin your system and you can actually do more damage to yourself this way.

If your looking to lose weight everyone knows the proper way to do so is to eat healthy and exercise

It's the only proven way to get the weight off and keep it off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 05:36 PM

And I don't know why you would be "bed ridden" at all personally,
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Dec 20, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And I don't know why you would be "bed ridden" at all personally,
    Lol she said "home ridden" not "bed ridden"
    PenpuinPerson Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 PM
    I posted this under weight loss because I knew it would get a response. Blah blah blah I know its bad for weight loss. THe calories are all ready consumed I know this. I just want my system cleaned out. THanks
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 08:11 AM
    The calories are all ready consumed I know this. I just want my system cleaned out.
    Laxatives don't really "clean out" your system. The bowels aren't intended to be flushed periodically. They do a good job of cleaning themselves out.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PenpuinPerson View Post
    I posted this under weight loss because I knew it would get a response. Blah blah blah I know its bad for weight loss. THe calories are all ready consumed I know this. I just want my system cleaned out. THanks
    Please post stuff in the proper categories! That way you'll get a better answer based on what your really asking not where you've posted it [if that makes any sense].

Well for one, WHAT laxatives are you taking?

There are many different ones. If you were taking Metamucil, a high in fiber type of laxative I wouldn't see the problem there only because it creates a NATURAL stimulation in your intestines. I use Metamucil once in a while since I suffer from constipation if I don't get enough fiber in my diet.

Overusing other types of laxatives like Ex-Lax, can actually make your body lazy to eliminate on its own. What's worse is overuse of those types of laxatives forces your food through intestines before it had a chance to pass through the entire tract normally. Which means important vitamins, minerals, fluids and other substances didn't get the chance to be extracted for the body to use. This is the prime job of the intestines!

Don't ruin your body or say "blah blah" to this.

Last but not least, laxatives are not or form of cleaning out your system. WATER IS!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system? [ 7 Answers ]

If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.

How long is a personal judgement in effect and is it state transferable [ 1 Answers ]

How long, in time, is a personal judgement good for and it is transferable to another state?

How long does it take for a court order for a dna test to be done take effect? [ 2 Answers ]

Yes my name is samantha and I'm almost 9 months pregnant and this guy that I slept with wants to get a dna test done to see if my child is his which I know its not. I told him that he has to get a court order to get it done and he says he will and I was just wondering how long does it take for a...

How does a shared HVAC system between condos effect a unit's thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a brand new home owner after purchasing a condo in Alexandria, VA, and I'm already enjoying the responsibility of dealing with home ownership issues. :rolleyes: Here's the issue. The condos were built in 1974 and are definitely beginning to show their age. Each building shares an HVAC...

View more questions Search