Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angiestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 07:05 PM
    I went to a medium who told me my recently dead husband had been having an affair.
    I went to a medium who told me my recently dead husband had been having an affair. Even worse she said that he told her to tell me. I do not know what to believe. Other things she said seemed to be true. Also my husband had an affair about 10 years ago. It is killing me not knowing for certain. I feel very ddepressed about it. I went to see the medium hoping to get some sort of contact with him because I miss him so much. Are there any genuine psychics out there who can help me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 07:20 PM

Strange scam, normally they tell you all the great things to keep you coming back, guess this way they thinkyou will keep coming back to argue with him or to do something else.

Please don't ruin a great memory of your dead husband by going to these frauds and jerks.

I worked with several over the years when I did my weekend stage show.
    They have ways of finding out little things and working on info from you on it.

If you have a great memory, that is how he was.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2009, 07:21 PM

Don't let someone who CLAIMS to be a medium change your view, and love towards your husband. Do you have any proof that he cheated? If not, don't question the fact that he was faithful to you.

Even if that was the case, why would a medium be telling you this now? I'll tell you why. So this person can charge you more to come back and find out who the person was, and all the specific details. You love your husband, and his memory.

I'm sorry for your loss.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 10:55 PM

You have been had!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 01:07 AM

You wanted certain information from her, and she gave you what you wanted.

It's sort of like buying a used car, and believing everything the salesman tells you.

Why would you go looking for this information in the first place, and what were your expectations.

There are good psychics out there, yes, but you didn't get one. Why your husband would wish you to know about an affair is beyond me.

If he did have an affair, there's not much anybody can do about it anyway. Push this nonsense aside, and remember the person you loved, plain and simple.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 01:38 AM

It is a real shame that you allowed this to happen to yourself.

Do not rely on psychics or fortune tellers or mediums. You know what, even if one was legit they get info and they intreprit in their own way.

For example: Telling you your husband had an affair. If your husband was truly contacting you through anybody. Does it necessarily means that he was having an affair. The answer is NO.

Maybe he is just saying sorry for the affair that happened 10 years ago. Maybe this is a way to verify information so that you know it really is him.

Do not believe everything you hear. Once an idea is put in your head it is hard to get out.

Example: if somebody says they believe you are going to die. Your start believing guess what you probably will die. Not because it was supposed to happen but because you made it happen by thinking that it will.

Whether your husband had an affair or not. Does not matter. What matters is that you Love your husband and he loves you. There will always be that connection and no matter what, no matter who says what. It can not change that.

Need to stop waisting your money. Need to stop trying to figure anything out. You love him, he loves you. Let husband rest in peace. Also let yourself come to terms that your husband is gone. Nothing will bring him back not even a medium.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 04:49 AM
    To me this smacks of a scam-so disregard it. There are so many so called mediums out there who are only out to make money out of grieving people. Sorry for your bad experience.
    Remember your husband through the love you shared.
    Forget the painful message.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2009, 06:20 AM

Your husband had an affair 10 years ago and you forgave him. Right?

At the time of his death, how was your relationship with him? If it was good, then keep those memories alive.

But if you MUST, go to another "medium", and ask them to tell you about your husband. Don't even MENTION an affair, and see what they tell you. Basically get a second opinion.

God forbid, if something were to happen to my wife, I would not seek the assistance of a mere mortal to "talk" to her. I would pray to God, and our Lord Jesus Christ, to let us meet up again.

If this "medium" is so great, then why hasn't she/he won the lottery? Why hasn't she/he made a killing on the stock market? I'd bet they are squeaking by on the day to day scams they are pulling.

No, don't let this person ruin your memories and attitude towards your husband.

This is making me angry even thinking about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2009, 07:13 AM

I have buried two wife's ( yes they were dead at the time)? Humor,

One of them was a saint (ok not really but a great wife) the other, yes it turned out she had a drug problem, most likely a boyfriend and more, but you know what, I just refuse to even accept it, I remember her from the good times and the relationship I remember.

In your case, you got what the person expected you wanted to hear, and just enough to get you to keep coming back.

If they were real, first I doubt they would have told you, since they would not have wanted to hurt you,

You were a victim of a scam artist who preys on innocent people who are hurting at a time of loss.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 08:13 PM

I agree with Jesushelper. You say she said he was having an affair. You say he had an affair 10 yrs ago. So it was probably the same affair and he wanted to clear his conscious so to speak.
    I agree with Fr_Chuck remember the good times. He is in another dimension now and that is more than behind him now. Move on with the memories of the love you had.
    Rkanovac77 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 10:19 AM

If that psychic can read the deads and the future, they would've played lottery numbers and made $millions!
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 01:41 PM

Just to make a point. With my own personal experiences as well.

Psychics or people with esp or visions or dreams or whatever else you may call it. Just because somebody can not win the lottery or get numbers does not mean it is not legit.

Emotions and feelings can be picked up by many people. It does not work like okay because I have dreams that come true, which I do. Does not always mean I can have numbers come out of my to win the lottery, because it does not work that way.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Just to make a point. With my own personal experiences as well.

Psychics or people with esp or visions or dreams or whatever else you may call it. Just because somebody can not win the lottery or get numbers does not mean it is not legit.

Emotions and feelings can be picked up by many people. It does not work like okay because I have dreams that come true, which I do. Does not always mean I can have numbers come out of my to win the lottery, because it does not work that way.
    More than anything, I was using it as an example. I am not a NON believer. I am just questioning this particular persons motives.

It is not an exact science. That's my point.

How dare someone be so insensitive as to ruin her memory?
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 06:59 PM
    That's something I thought of too jmj. She could easily, easily, have said that he didn't, and our OP would have felt so much better. Especially having just lost her husband.

If you're listening Angie, I hope that you are encouraged that we all seem to be in agreement here that the psychic you saw, was not a very honourable one. Take it all with a grain of salt, and try to let her words go as unsubstantiated, and not worth taking seriously.
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2009, 03:14 AM

Wow fr_chuck is really a christian? No Christians in my family take the role of God & judge people that fast and call them "jerks" if you ran across fake ones I'm sorry for that but not 1 person can make up for millions.Anyway, if this psychic is real and told you this it may be because your husband cannot move on because of his guilt and needs you to forgive him to move forward but you need to let go of the past and move forward in life,stop thinking about 10 years ago and of what she told you I would not go back to that psychic if she just told you that without you asking she should know how you would react to it,also if she/he was wrong about everything else besides that subject,BUT if YOU asked the question and she responded by telling you the truth and she was correct about a lot of other things then that is different. Just like there are fake bushiness owners, fake religious people, there are fake psychics who are scammers or are just in it for gain instead of helping others. Don't let other people's ignorance get in the way of your beliefs.Think positive about the times you were both happy together and not on the negative. I hope this helped you and wish you the best!:)
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2009, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkanovac77 View Post
    If that psychic can read the deads and the future, they would've played lottery numbers and made $millions!
    Real psychics can but are not allowed to that is a sin to them.Their gift is to help others not for gain.:)
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2009, 05:35 AM

Tai quote:Anyway, if this psychic is real and told you this it may be because your husband cannot move on because of his guilt and needs you to forgive him to move forward but you need to let go of the past and move forward in life,stop thinking about 10 years ago

Show me where it says THIS in your Bible.
    And you just judged someone(Frchuck) yourself, am I not right?

And you even questioned his Christianity.

Judge not, and you shall not be judged.

So this guy's soul was just hanging out at this "medium's" place waiting to "move on"?

And this person just did HIM a favor, by disclosing his infidelity?

I don't think that is the way that God works.
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
    What is really wrong about this psychic answering the way she did is, there is no resolve to it. There is no closure, it only opens up more wounds, pain, and suffering.

Regardless of our OP asking the question, the Psychic should have known that if the OP had the power to communicate with her husband to forgive him, she would have done it already.

There can be no healing of the past, regardless if the husband had 10 affairs, robbed a bank, ran over the neighbours dog, and lied on his income tax return.

That's the whole point. What was said, only added MORE grief to this woman's already grieving time, and that was unconscionable, for any professional, to do.

How I wish that she had said something positive, that left a little peace and closure instead.
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2009, 11:30 AM

I am in complete agreement right from the start and now that this specific psychic is a scammer and is only opening up wounds instead of trying to heal.

At the same time it is the op own fault for looking into pyschics and relying on them for answers instead of looking for answers within her own heart and she is opening up herself to this kind of treatment which is not right.

People and including many famous so called psychics like Sylvia brown take advantage of people and are only out there to make a quick buck off peoples sorrows.

I just also pointed out that some people naturally have gifts that do help others but just because somebody can not predict winning numbers does not mean anything at all.

I am not arguing with anybody here that this psychic is not good and the whole approach was completely wrong.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2009, 01:36 PM

Wow this has to be the longest thread in this forum, and what makes it amusing... none of us are psychics. Nor was the "medium" she consulted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband having an affair [ 7 Answers ]

He's having an affair over a year. I have 3 kids. He claims he's trying to come back but I push him away meaning nagging him. What are the chances he will walk away fromme?

I was told by a "spiritual leader" or "medium" to put white flowers in my bedroom. [ 8 Answers ]

I have no idea what they are intended to do or what area in my life they are going to improve or affect. Does anyone know what white flowers, specifically in the bedroom are for?? Thanks in advance!

Husband had affair [ 4 Answers ]

My husband had an affair now the other woman has had his baby he says he didn't ejaculate in her and could hardly get it up , but now she is claiming it is his. We have been together 18 years and have 4 children, the other woman is saying her child is entitled to the family assets the same as our...

Husband recently left without any warning. [ 7 Answers ]

My husband of 11 years recently told me "he is no longer interested" in "this life" and has left, without any warning. I am still partially in shock, partially livid. I did not expect any of this and have no clue as to how I am supposed to move on with my life. Am in a state of complete...

My husband had a affair [ 1 Answers ]

He had a affair and got the other woman pregnant.she has two children from a previous marriage.these children live with their father.this woman lives with her mother and sister.the grandmother is a drug addict.can you please tell me what rights my husband has.we live in California.thank you

View more questions Search