Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dirtyhippie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Allergic to Glycerine, is this the same as Glycol?
    I recently learned that I am Highly allergic to Glycerine. This being said glycol and glycerine sound a lot a like- I was curious to know if I need to stay away from it as well. For now I just have been. If anyone knows, please let me know.

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 06:39 PM

Glycol is used in antifreeze, so it is unlikely you will be close to that enough to be allergic to it, unless you put antifreeze in your car yourself, which is unlikely, both glycol and glycerine are organic compounds. Glycerine is used in soap making. So that is probably how you came to know you are allergic to glyercine.

I think I have answered your question. You can't use soap containing glycerine, and you can't fill up your car with antifreeze. You stay away from both situations.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is glycerine the same thing as glycol [ 3 Answers ]

I recently learned that I am highly allergic to Glycerine. This being said glycol and glycerine sound a lot a like- I was curious to know if I need to stay away from it as well. For now I just have been. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks :) Madison

Is Propylene Glycol in your pet's food or treats? [ 9 Answers ]

If it is please read the definition Websters dictionary from 1948. It is: a sweet, colorless, viscous liquid made from petroleum and otherwise, used as an ANTIFREEZE, germicide, solvent, etc. Would you eat ANTIFREEZE? Please stop feeding it to your pets! It is also found in cake mixes, makeup,...

Am I allergic? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been getting in a hot tub for close to two months now. It has never bothered me and I have never had an allergies that I know of but for some reason the past couple time I've been in my skin gets really irritated and itchy. After I get out I notice rashes all over and in some places my skin...

14 months female Pomeranian renal failure suspect ethylene glycol poison please HELP! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 14 month old female pomeranian. She was fine two days ago. Then on Saturday, I notice she wasn't barking like she normally do. She wasn't eating. She drank but vomits it right out. On Sunday, she was shaking. The vet clinic was closed on the weekend, so today (Monday) I bought...

Ethylene Glycol [ 1 Answers ]

I heard someone say tonight that they had remixed the antifreeze in their hot water heat furnace from 100 % to 50/50 because at 100 % it may freeze. This does not make sense

View more questions Search