Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snookie464 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Kitchen sink cold water line leak repair
    The joint at the shut off valve for the cold water line under my kitchen sink is leaking. Is there an easy repair tip?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 19, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    the joint at the shut off valve for the cold water line under my kitchen sink is leaking. Is there an easy repair tip?
    Snug up the nut that's leaking until it stops. If anything else click on back and tell us about it. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 10:30 AM

Before you put a wrench on that nut you need to very carefully inspect the valve. Tom's picture is perfect if you have a compresssion valve, tighten the big nut on the right or the small one on top. However, inspect carefully since some valves are threaded and screw directly onto a rigid threaded pipe coming out of the wall/floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

Plastic water line leak near water connector at sink [ 4 Answers ]

How can I fix a leak in blue plastic tubing that goes to ice maker? The leak is under the sink and tubing goes under the house to fridge on other side of room.

Repairing apparent leak in line under Kitchen sink faucet [ 1 Answers ]

To Whom It May Concern: My wife and I just noticed a significant leak in one of the lines that apprently connects to the kitchen faucet. I think I can see where the water comes from... but then again, the leak could easily be farther up where I can't see. To explain further, I can see...

How to repair a leaky cpvc water line under the sink [ 1 Answers ]

Don't think joints of line have any threads, looks like a coupling just fits over the pipes. Help.l

Is air in water line possible? Leak in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, my problem is two-fold... first off, for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet. Second, and more major, problem is...

View more questions Search