Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carlbrownerd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 02:50 PM
    Typing Symbols
    I see a number of symbols when people email me. Can I get some definitions for what the following symbols mean:

1. :)

2. ;)

3. :(

4. (:

And, possibly other symbols that are commonly used, which are not listed above.

Thanks

Carl
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Here's a whole slew of them - with definitions: http://www.muller-godschalk.com/emoticon.html

The first 3 you list are pretty self-explanatory:
    1. smile
    2. Wink
    3. Frown.

I don't know the 4th one, but bet you'll find it on the link, above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Afraid of tools/symbols of other religions? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm currently in a World Religions class at my university. On the first day, the instructor brought in an African fertility doll and passed it around the room. Before passing it, he said that it was believed by the African people who created it that by touching it and/or possessing it, a woman...

Word XP - Margin Symbols In Corners [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I open up Word XP, start a new document, and use Print Layout, I see these annoying "L" shaped blue markings in Each of the corners. I think they are supposed to indicate Margins or something, but they are distracting. How do I get Rid of those markings?

Automatic typing [ 13 Answers ]

When I am typing a message, something/someone types in on my message. It's like a ghost typing! How can I get this to stop. Thanks

View more questions Search