Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Dec 18, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Cashier Scam - Heads Up
    How often do you look at your store receipt? Most perchases are made with a credit card or debit check card. Once you swipe your card, there is a option of receiving 'cash back'. What most people don't know is that the cashier has the ability to chose this option for you. After you have left the counter the person in line after you (an accomplice) is handed the $20 or more dollars that has been taken off your card. On security camera, it looks like a normal day at the store counter. The only way to protect this from happening to you is... Look at your receipt before leaving the counter. Use cash.
    Be aware, lots of scams intensify around the holiday season.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 12:39 PM

I don't even budge after I've received the receipt in my hands until I've looked it over. Then I move 2 steps away from the line and carefully look at every item on the receipt. It's amazing how many times I've been double rung for items even though I look at the cashier's scanning each item in front of me.

Yes, and also be aware of pick pockets roving around in stores of any kind - even junk stores are not immune to these thieves. Keep your wallet and pocketbook close. Never place your purse in the shopping cart as you are inviting them to your wallet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are men but heads [ 10 Answers ]

Well the man I fell in love with just called me and said that he doesn't want a relationship right now and before he said that he needed space well gave him the space and today he and I broke up. I can't believe that I allowed another but head into my heart after seven years you would think that I...

What is different between certified funds and cashier check [ 0 Answers ]

What is different between certified check and cashier's check

Certified Cashier Check [ 1 Answers ]

Question: What is the difference between a certified cashier check and a regular cashier check? Is there a way to see a photo copy of a certified cashier check without going to the bank? Thank-you. Oppusone

Cashier versus certified check [ 1 Answers ]

A buyer has offered to pay a large purchase by cashier check. What is the difference between cashier and certifiied check. The purchase is a home. Thanks, Connie

View more questions Search