Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsmauldin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Janitrol hpt 1860 to honeywell rth230b
    Again,
    I checked the make and models of my thermostats to ensure I don't goof nothing
    Up. My janitrol hp 1860 wires: yellow to y, green to g, red to r. blue to o,
    White to e and jumpered to w2 and brown to c. The Honeywell RTH230B has
    Only 5 contacts, Rh, Rc, W,Y and G. I guess just for my own satisfaction
    If I tape up the blue and brown wires what have I disconnected. At my last home
    I put in a Hunter 44260 and connected Green to G, Blue to Rc, Red to Rh,
    Yellow to y/o and white to w/b... The heat and a/c work fine there but I want
    To make sure I haven't wire something wrong at my last house also. Tks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
    The O terminal on the old thermostat suggests it was for a heat pump. If your system is a heat pump, you need to check the directions for the new one and see if it says it will work with a heat pump, and if so, how to hook it up.

What you do with the blue and brown wires depends on what they are copnnected to at the other end.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 03:42 PM
    You need a two stage heat thermostat, that is what w2 is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell RTH230B [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a very old thermostat, White-Rodgers 135-415, which I'd like to convert to a Honeywell RTH230B. Currently there are only 3 wires that are connected to the thermostat (which is only for my apartment's heat. White wire is connected to what looks to be labeled "Common" Black...

Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange B - Nothing

Honeywell RTH230B - wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing the rth230b on a 3 wire gas fired boiler. The wires are blue, red, white. On the old mercury stat the blue and red wre on the same post. Anybody know how I should wire this one? Thanks! Mike

Honeywell rth230b [ 4 Answers ]

This winter I installed honeywell rth230b. Heater works great, but I have no a/c. I have 6 wires from wall. Rh--red Rc--blue W--white Y--yellow G--green Brown not being used Help it is 90 deg. I need my a/c Thank you all

Honeywell RTH230B [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell RTH230B thermostat but am not sure of the wiring. I have 6 wires colored as follows, red, green, white, yellow, and 2 blue wires. Please advise?

View more questions Search