Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedagger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 07:28 PM
    I want to get her to start talking with me again!
    I (24) live in Chicago and she lives (23) in Houston and we have found time to meet twice in the last year or so. She is a long time crush of mine and I told her that I loved her. She said she is afraid of relationships and would like to remain best friends. I accepted that but a few days later my emotions got the better of me and I said that "it's hard for me to be talking to you so much knowing that you don't have any feelings for me" and I told her that it would be better for us to be talking less to each other. She agreed. However, I could not live up to my words as I missed her dearly so I called her after three days and apologized for being selfish in friendship. We talked for a long time that night and I was really happy.
    The next day, I tried calling her and she did not answer. Now it's been two weeks since, we have not talked even once. I have called her multiple times every day and she has never answered. I have also sent her e-mails and instant messages during this time and have gotten no replies. I know she is fine because my common friends have seen her online.
    I am trying to find reasons for why she has stopped talking to me completely in such an abrupt manner. There could be really only be two reasons. First, being that she does not want me closer to her because she is afraid that my feelings for her would again grow over time and she neither does not want to hurt me or feel guilty anymore. Second, (just maybe) she heard something false and bad about me from a third person that has completely led her to see me in a different light.
    I really miss her, more as a friend than anything else and I am desperate to speak to her. At the same time, I also want to give her the space and not bother her too much. I do not want our friendship to end like this in such a sour note when we used to talk about being there for each other in the bleakest of times. I want to talk to her and get things cleared but I want to do it in the best possible right way. I could ask one of my close friends to ask her all the questions that are tormenting my mind, when they see her online. But I think that’s not the way to go and I need to talk to her myself.
    What’s the best possible way for me to get her talking to me? (Please do not tell me to give up and get a life because that’s not an option for me right now)
    valkman98 Posts: 69, Reputation: 15

Dec 17, 2009, 08:02 PM

Hey, let her have the time,she might talk. I think you scared her and knowing how you feel about her other than friends she maybe keeping from hurting you . I know you miss the friendship but after crossing the line she doenst want to talk. Give it time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 11:10 PM

You are pushing to hard for something she doesn't want to give you. Friendship cannot be forced, it must be natural, and leaving her alone IS your best option. You have to accept her feelings, and deal with your own.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 12:00 AM
    Leave her alone for a while. You probably scared the bejesus out of her coming on all intense.

You can't make her or get her to do anything. Stop with the emails, texts, IM's, etc, etc.

She probably thinks you're stalking her. Respect the fact that she doesn't want to communicate with you and back off.

The more you push for answers the more she will resist. Exercise some restraint and self control - she will respect you far more for that!
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 12:51 AM
    If she wanted to talk to you, she would take your calls. You need to back off, leave her be and stop all communication.
    I agree with Gemini, she probably thinks you're stalking her.
    thedagger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 12:43 AM

Thanks guys! I will just play the waiting game now.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 01:25 AM

Don't see it as a game-move on with your life and be happy being you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to start talking to him [ 1 Answers ]

Ugh I feel so lame for not knowing what to do. OK so there's this cute guy who's kind of shy and he's in my biology class. I've looked at him across the room and he looks back w/ a little smiling and its cute. I see him around school sometimes but he's usually w/ his friends. He's totally not in my...

How do I start talking to him? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so as most of you people know there's this guy that I like but,I don't really speak to him,it's a shame really. But I can't every time I say to myself I can do it,I end up not doing it,I guess its just the nerves,playing up.. but how should I start a conversation with him with out getting shy?...

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

View more questions Search