Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msgirl323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Melanin inhibiting properties, good or bad
    I just purchased a product which says it is all natural and inhibits the production of melanin as well as dispersing existing melanin. Im worried is inhibitting melanin a bad thing. Can it have adverse effects on the skin after discontinuing the use of such products?
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Dec 17, 2009, 08:24 PM

You stop using you just get dark again... lots of products block melanin production, and most of them hve not proven at least in my experience to have caused any problems... besides most OTC creams and such esp in the west are not super strong anyway so I don't think you have anything to worry about... in fact if you are lightening, then you want a product that inhibits melanin production...
    redlocks77 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 07:59 PM

I've been using Glutathione soap, and as far as I know glutathione acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor. Tyrosinase is an enzyme that catalyzes production of melanin . So far I'm happy with the results and I haven't encountered any issues at all.
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Oct 8, 2010, 06:44 PM

Its good but I am curious what the active ingredient is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reduce melanin [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reduce the skin melanin production.Is it possible by vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid)?

Bad experience! [ 19 Answers ]

I am working for an ethnic newspaper, and am currently writing an article on skin lightening. Yes I know it is an exhausted topic, but I am really getting down to the nitty gritty! I want to know your experiences. The good, the bad and the ugly. Did you have fantastic results with a certain...

I've done a bad thing [ 78 Answers ]

Today in gym class I went to the bathroom and stopped in the locker room afterwards. I noticed some people left their backpacks unattended and decided to take a look inside. I looked in the outer pocket of one backpack and took twenty dollars. That's it though-I didn't even open up anymore...

I was wondering is this bad and could it be heart related? [ 1 Answers ]

OK my blood pressure is 188/144 with chest pain and confusion and I am having headaches is this bad

How to tell if the boiler transformer is bad [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot light lit and replaced thermostat. Burner not firing on american standard boiler. How do I tell if the transformer is shot?

View more questions Search