Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Dec 17, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Cooking
    My Grandmother used to make me homemade potato chips
    Anyone have a recipe or method for making homemade potato chips?
    Lshadylady
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2009, 09:15 PM

All I do is slice them with the potato peeler and fry them in oil. Then I sprinkle whatever topping I want on them-garlic, parmesan, cajun, etc...
    I just use a cast iron skillet and use just enough oil to cover them. For barbque or ketchup I add it right in the oil since I don't use a lot of oil.
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Dec 20, 2009, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    All I do is slice them with the potato peeler and fry them in oil. Then I sprinkle whatever topping I want on them-garlic, parmesan, cajun, etc....
    I just use a cast iron skillet and use just enough oil to cover them. For barbque or ketchup I add it right in the oil since I don't use a lot of oil.
    Sounds great! I';; try it. Thank you and Merry Christmas:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking classes [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I just broke up with my boyfriend on Saturday and I'm depressed, sad and heartbroken, and I'd really like to start up a new hobbie to keep me entertained Does anyone know of any good cooking classes to take? Or how to search for them? I put in Google "cooking classes" and my...

Cooking is . [ 3 Answers ]

Cooking is... A Good Way to Excel Creativity & Relaxation Fun & Enjoyable Interesting When I Have a Lot of Time Depressing as Every time I Want to Cook Something, Something Goes Wrong Absolutely Horrible & A Pain in the Butt to Me Which one or more do you identify...

Cooking a ham [ 5 Answers ]

I am cooking a ham for Christmas, more specific the label says smoked ham roast. If I put it in a roaster how long average does it need to cook for and at what oven temp? Is there a cercaitn temp it needs to reach with a thermometer to be done cooking? Any advice I can get would be appreciated....

Cooking for one? [ 8 Answers ]

Just a quick question: My husband is in the military and has been gone for the last 3 months, and won't be home for another month. It is hard enough to cook a meal for only 2 people, but when it is just me it is even harder! I normally cook big meals and bake a lot when he is home, but when it is...

Low fat cooking [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a low fat / calorie cookbook because #1 I'd like to lose 10 lbs & #2 I want my family to eat healthy and I'm out of new food ideas. The book contains recipes with each meal containing between 15 and 20 grams of fat and between 1500 and 2000 calories. Is this really considered low...

View more questions Search