Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilhaney Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 12:02 PM
    I have an outside light with a light sensor that is not working...
    I have an outside light with a light sensor that is not working...
    There are 3 wires coming out of the side of the light socket to it red/blk/wht
    I have cut them and removed the sensor
    I thought I could tape off these 3 wires...
    Do I need to ground the black and tape the white and red together or what?
    I have tried different way and keep flipping the breaker
    Help [email protected]
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 12:15 PM

Put a wire-nut over the end of each of the wires. Don't tie any of them together. Tuck the wires in the box and put a cover on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The garage door light sensor not working. [ 3 Answers ]

I have garage door that have sensor, it will authomatic turn off the light from the motor when no activity and when I walk in the path the light will come on but now it not working what wrong? I did look at the sensor, one side have green light the other have orange, it the sensor went bad? I...

Low coolant sensor light on [ 4 Answers ]

I recently installed a radiator on a 1995 chevy monte carlo 6 cylinder 3.1 engine, however I am not sure if I installed it correctly, my low coolant sensor light is always on, but the coolant lever is full. Also my temperature gage is not moving all the way to the middle it seems that my vehicle...

Light sensor in garage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a student in the faculty of Engineering, and we have a project for making a garage door system:(a sensor at the door which sends to a parallel port using a signal conditioning circuit a signal when a car is entering, this signal goes to the PC... ) All I want to know what type of light...

Bad Coolant Sensor warning light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. It has a new V.I.C in it that constantly says the coolant sensor is bad. I have replaced the coolant sensor. Now what do I do? Please help -- Ace

Sensor light [ 5 Answers ]

I have an '87 nissan sentra and the sensor light is on , what should I do? The car is also idled too high how do I fix that and it also burns a lot of gas?

View more questions Search