Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nyssa1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 11:07 AM
    How to connect TV, satellite rcvr, dvd player
    We purchased a Samsung 50" rear-projection dlp TV yesterday. Now we're trying to get everything cabled up. We have a directv satellite receiver composite cables (red, yellow, and white). We also have a Panasonic dvd player/recorder with a choice of the composite or component cables. We would like to be able to watch the TV without having to turn on the dvd player/recorder.
    Right now my husband has composite cables and antenna out going to the dvd player. From the dvd player he has the composite cables, component cables (minus the audio cables, we have them but he didn't hook them up), and the antenna out going to the TV. The only way to watch the satellite signal with this arrangement is with the dvd player on. Is there a way to watch without having the dvd player on?
    I am so confused at this point.:confused:

I have not found the answer myself. I still need help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Whenever I make a change to my home ent. System, I head here for a reminder on how to hook it all back up.

Hope that helps :)
    EduPagani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Many satellite receivers have 2 outputs and I'm sure your TV has multiple inputs. One option is for you to hook up one receiver output to the DVD recorder and another directly to one independent TV input.
    Now I'm curious. Why don't you want to use the signal going through your DVD recorder? If your recorder has an upconverting feature, you can probably get a better picture that way than going directly to the TV. Just curious...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd player [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a silly question : is it possible to play a regular cd on a dvd-player ? Are there any dangers doing this ? Is it convenient or should I rather stay on playing it on a cd-player ? I am asking this because I am thinking of buying a dvd player and I do not know if I have to keep my cd-player...

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a directv Satellite receiver? :confused:

Dvd/satellite receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to hook up my dvd player through my satellite receiver. The TV does not have any place to plug the red, white, and yellow cords to but the satellite receiver does. I have connected the dvd player to the satellite receiver I just can't get a picture.

DVD/VCR/Satellite receiver to TV hookup [ 3 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to hookup a DVD player, VCR to a TV with a Hughes Satellite receiver? Should I use a RF Modulator or what?

Connect 2 computers to burn a dvd... [ 2 Answers ]

I am attempting to connect 2 computers to burn a dvd. I think(? ) w/ a crossover cable I can figure out how to make the connection. Why am I doing this you ask... PC1 (running Me) has the dvd burner & software but is FAT32. Figured this out when the downloading 6.1GB .img got error message at...

View more questions Search