Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 10:40 AM
    Hair colouring at the hairdressers
    Hi there can anyone tell me if there is a health risk having your hair coloured, as I do every six weeks and have done for about 10 years, my hair is dark brown and I only have the grey covered to the same as my natural colour, any advice appreciated.
    Thanks Mary
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 15, 2006, 07:27 PM
    I have read news articles citing studies about hair coloring causing cancer or increasing risk for cancer, but these are just studies. The scientists suggest that using hair color "could" increase your risk for cancer, and so forth. There have been no difinitive results yet. I don't know jow much faith you want to put in that- I have used artificial sweeteners for over 25 years and am not dead or even unhealthy.

There is a risk of a rash on your scalp or getting it in your eyes, but you are a veteran at hair color, so you have read those warnings...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 16, 2006, 11:20 PM
    There was some controversy that black or dark hair dyes from the early 80's were cancerous, but there was no proof of that. The hair dyes used in salons or sold in stores won't cause any serious health risk. However, permanent solutions can cause allergic reactions in some people, though that's a rare side effect. Salons should do a patch test before dyeing their clients hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my natural hair colour is a darkish brown, and I've died it a couple of times a really really dark brown but not black. I have really thin hair and it falls out quite a lot and I was wondering if there is anything I can use to completely take out my permanent hair colour leaving my natural...

Hair colouring [ 2 Answers ]

Hey recently I dyed my hair dark brown I am extremyl unhappy with my hair colour at the moment and want to take it back to its original hair colour as soon as possible! I don't want to damage it all that much but I do really want my natural hair clolur back(medium brown/light brown) I thought...

Hair Colouring from Black [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my hair dyed three times in abour a year with the colour black, once at a salon and two by myself. Now I am am sick of this colour, and have used a hair lightener/bleach. It has made my roots blond, as I have light brown hair, it has made the rest of my hair a red copper colour. I...

Hair colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I have dyed my hair loads over the last few years. Now it's a dark brown (prev black-faded out a bit) wit blondish flashes. I want to go blonde, but I don't want to bleach it straight off or dye it because everyone I know who have done it have gone a gingery yellowy orange. I really don't want...

Having problem while colouring my black hair [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! It's Nimmi. My hair colour is completely black. I wanted to highlight my hair with brown colour. But when I used light brown hair colour on my hair then the change of my hair colour hardly noticeable. It's still almost black. I think I should change the colour to blond first, then use brown...

View more questions Search