Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt Kaleida Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Electric Coleman Mobile home furnace
    The blower fan keeps running and will stop until the breaker is shut off for a while. It may run fine through its complete cycles for a day or two, but will do it again! The furnace hasn't been used for about 4 years. What needs fixed or replaced, and where do I find these parts? The trailer was built in 1974, is in fair shape, and located in Summersville, West Virginia. Help!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 11:15 AM
    In something that old, the blower is controlled by a relay operated by a limit switch. Follow the lead from the motor back to a little box. It should have 4 wires, the one from the motor, one from the house wiring, one to the transformer, and one to the limit switch. If, with the power off, the line from the house and the lead to the motor have continuity, the relay is stuck. Take it to a electrical or HVAC supply, and let them match it. They should have at least a work alike. If it is open with the power off, them likely it is the limit switch. Follow its wire into the heat exchanger, and take it to the supply house. The older systems are cheaper and easier to fix.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 04:35 AM
    The parts may not be available. Have an HVAC person change the system over to a Sequencer and get rid of all the old obsolete relays Etc.
    dusty1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Ihave a coleman electric furnace model #3500A818 the coils light up even when the thermostat is in the off position
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty1954
    Ihave a coleman electric furnace modle #3500A818 the coils light up even when the thermostat is in the off position
    Bad sequencer

Part number 3115-3571 Sequencer

Sequencer controls the sequence in which the heating elements & blowers turn on. This one has the ability to control up to 2 blowers (H1-H4) and 3 heating elements (M1-M6). Replaces 3400-357,
    Attached Images

baer1213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
    I have a coleman furnace model 7655-856 think it a 1982 when it call for heat it light up but blower don't kick on .I cheeked blower motor and it run. What do I need to replace
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2013, 04:55 PM
    baer1213: I suspect you have a bad fan switch. This is a temperature actuated switch which closes to turn the fan on once a certain temperature at the switch is reached.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

Coleman Furnace Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I shut off furnace last spring by shutting off gas and pulling breaker. Turn the breaker back on and the blower runs with the thermo turned to off. I've tried to fire up furnace anyhow but it won't start. Only way to shut blower off is by turning off breaker. Was working fine the last time I had it...

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

View more questions Search