Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brian1980 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Ge thermostat to hunter thermostat wiring diagram
    I'm trying to wire a hunter 42999b to 1977 ge heat pump. Need to know what wires go where there are more wires on old one then what connects to new one!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:08 PM
    I`m seeing major problems
    !st,, you have a Hunter tstat,(junk)
    2nd, the model you have will not work with a heat pump,, unless you don`t have a furnace/airhandler for backup heat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring codes from old Carrier thermostat to new Hunter thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

WIRING CODE HELP FOR THERMOSTAT I am in an office and have an old Carrier programmable thermostat which no longer works. I purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat to replace. My problem is that the wiring codes on the previous thermostat do not match up the codes on the new thermostat. Codes and...

Hunter Thermostat Wiring [ 8 Answers ]

It seems we are all having trouble with the Hunter 44110. I just moved into a house and I'm trying to install my programmable thermostat. I'm going from a Simple Comfort 2001 with a green, yellow, white, blue and red set up as G Y W C R I'm confused as do I use the jumper wire in Rh and...

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

Hunter thermostat wiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 25 y/o unit, one part of furnace in the attic and a outside unit all electric The outside says magic chef The old thermostat is a honeywell with the following wiring: Wire color ----------position Green G Red RC also jumpers to RH...

View more questions Search