Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    builderbob27b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 05:19 AM
    How to lay out a pattern to cut 45 degree angle on a 8 inch pipe
    I want to cut a 45degree angle on a 8inch steel pipe so that I can put the to 45 degree angles together and weld them. How can this angle be laid out on paper for pattern.Thank you Builderbob27b.
    cheaterpipe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Here is how I would lay out a pattern to cut a 45 degree cut on the end of a piece of pipe no matter the diameter. Using a bucket of water stand the pipe up in the water.Using a bubble protractor -- lean the pipe over at a 45 degree angle. Light your torch for cutting and cut the oxygen off to where you have a black carbon flame coming out. Direct the carbon black flame towards the water and black the pipe good. When you pull the pipe up you have a perfect 45 degree mark on the pipe that you can retrace with your white chalk. I figured this out myself when making a burner for a tar pot. I was using 12 inch pipe. C.L.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting pipe at an angle [ 7 Answers ]

I need to occasionally cut round pipe at an angle but always have trouble. Is there any way of doing this by marking out line with a pattern or similar device? The only cutting devise I have is 9" angle grinder. The pipe can be up to 4"diameter and wall tgickness from 1/16th to 1/4 inch. Any help...

Velocity at 30 degree angle [ 3 Answers ]

I want to check if I am on the right track. Question: Santa loses his footing and slides down a frictionless snowy roof that is tilted at 30 degrees. If Santa slides 10m before reaching the edge, what is his speed as he leaves the roof? Would I use ax=g sin (theta) and then take my results...

One inch gas pipe [ 3 Answers ]

What length of unthreaded one inch gas pipe should be exposed when stubbed out from a finished wall

Cutting a pipe on an angle [ 4 Answers ]

How do I cut a pipe on a angle?

Installing ceiling fan on 70 degree angle [ 3 Answers ]

Help I am trying to install a ceiling fan on a sloped ceiling, 70 egree angle. I am just replacing the one the builder put in, but I can't find one that will fit that steep of a sloap. The one I am trying to install is a harbor breeze model from Lowe's. Then I went to Home Depot and asked what...

View more questions Search