Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saraj9220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Is a biological mother responsible to repay child support to a non biological father
    The mother of a child was in a relationship with 2 men at the same time, she became pregnant. She married one of the men who has raised the child as his own and now they are divorced and he pays child support. The other man has wanted to know for years (8) if he is the biological father but because of the mother's unwillingness and the trauma it may cause the child he has not pursued it on his own. The mother would be more likely to find out if she knew that she would not have to pay back the child support she has received.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 01:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saraj9220 View Post
    The mother of a child was in a relationship with 2 men at the same time, she became pregnant. She married one of the men who has raised the child as his own and now they are divorced and he pays child support. The other man has wanted to know for years (8) if he is the biological father but because of the mother's unwillingness and the trauma it may cause the child he has not pursued it on his own. The mother would be more likely to find out if she knew that she would not have to pay back the child support she has received.
    Yes in some states and no in others.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 02:04 PM

The laws are very specific on this subject and vary from state to state. Also should the bio father come forth and challenge they may be liable for the support already paid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 07:26 PM

And the mother really has no choice if the one possible father files in court to force a DNA test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

Child Support for a non biological father [ 3 Answers ]

My son is in the Military and resides in North Carolina. His home state is Wisconsin. He is currently getting divorced after a 2 year marriage. He knew when he got married that his pregnant wife may be pregnant with a child that was not is due to "rape". He loved her and decided to be a father. His...

If a non-biological father signs a birth certificate is he responsible for the child? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, here is my question. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 and 1/2 years and love each other very much. I messed up and cheated on him about 7 months ago - a one night stand kind of thing (alcohol was involved). But anyway, I came clean and told him. I also told him I understood if he...

Can the court make non-biological father pay child support? [ 24 Answers ]

Here's the situation: My husband cheated on me in early 2004. This past year he found out through a letter from the child support office that he may have fathered a child with the woman. He went in for paternity test & he is the father. The kid is 4 years old now. The reason child support came...

Past child support from biological father [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter is 6 years old. My husband adopted her this past October. The biological father of course doesn't have any rights over her anymore. My question is the following: Would I be able to sue him for the time that he did have rights over her and never paid child support and had a court...

View more questions Search