Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jellohead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 10:14 PM
    1994 ford f150 truck no spark
    Engine turns over, no spark, no start.. ran fine when parked night before.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 06:57 AM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. Easy job.
    d2theork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Hi Jellohead, did you ever figure out what was wrong with your truck? Im having the same problem.

Tasha
    robs52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2011, 01:53 PM
    I ran my truck all day Saturday. I went too my daughters house, went to leave and it wouldn't start at all.
    I took off the starter. It checked out OK. The lights work. I replaced the battery in it a week or two ago.
    Rob
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2011, 02:01 PM
    robs52, if it cranks but doesn't start, consider replacing the Ignition Control Module (ICM) if it's a 1994 F-150. Beforehand, check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. Also, verify that you can hear the fuel pump run, when you turn the ignition switch to ON.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Oct 30, 2011, 04:40 AM
    Is it safe to say that it is a dual tank ford if so? It coould be 1 of 4 things, all of the fuel pump relays are bad, 1 of the fuel pumps is bad(I think there are 2 low psi and 1 high psi fuel pumps, 1 low psi in each tank, the tank selector switch is shot, or there is a problem with the throttle body, and also there is a small box that should attached to the underneath of the steering column if it isn't tight to the column it will cause the problem
    mihammond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 04:27 PM
    Changed coil and module and the capacitor, rotor cap and button still no spark from coil
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 05:14 PM
    mihammond,

. Remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Verify that the CEL comes on and goes off, when the ignition switch is turned to ON. If not, the PCM may be bad or main PCM ground may need cleaning.

. Check for codes.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck won't start ford 1994 f150 [ 3 Answers ]

OK! I am about frustrated lol, as I am sure most who are not mechanics are when it comes to fixing a vehicle. I have a 1994 ford f150 pickup 302 v8 with dual tanks. It started bogging down. Especially when I would try to go above 25 mph. THEN it completely died and would not start. So we bought...

1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks. When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still...

No brake lights on 1980 ford ranger xlt f150 truck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I bought this used work truck on which the wires have been cut rewired and recut a number of times on this truck for trailer lights, etc. I need a wiring diagram for this truck if any one has just that. I cannot at this time afford a book on the truck it is like $32. I do have the appropriate...

1994 f150 tank problumes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1994 f150/ with dual tanks, not only is my front tank not working, the rear tank is filling my front one. How can I by pass the front tank and stop the rear one from filling the front one? Thank you for your time Scott

View more questions Search