Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Dec 15, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Converting VOB to import into imovie
    I am trying to convert a DVD file to import into an IMovie (I believe the format is VOB) and wanted to know what kind of software I need to do this. I've looked around but it seems like IMovie can not import directly from a DVD. Is this a security thing where Apple is afraid of copyright infringement or just a codec issue? My kid is doing a project and one of his group members recorded his piece on a DVD and now my son has to import this piece into the overall presentation which he is editing in IMovie.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2009, 05:23 PM

I use the video converter system software from AVS4U. I can convert ANY kind of video files - from ones that I download from subscription movie sites to copy DVD's directly from the original DVD. The program is awesome.

AVS4YOU Best software for you on today's market. Download now for free!

You can try the program for free for a limited time. Then the subscription can be bought for either a year or a lifetime. I bought the lifetime sub over a year ago and I'm more than pleased in that I do a lot of video conversion of movies that I subsequently burn to DVD's. There is a BluRay function in the video coversion program that you can burn BluRay movies to discs to play on your BluRay player.

I tried any and every video converter software before I settled for this one. You also get some other software programs for free with a subscription as well. Some programs I use, some I don't. There is a video editor software also from AVS4U that you would have access to.

It is a software problem in that the VOB files cannot just be copied as is and burned as is.
    virtuousbaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Bigasoft iMovie Converter is just the right VOB to iMovie conversion software. It can easily convert VOB files from DVD disc or Camcorder Mini DVD disc to iMovie supported MPEG-4 or DV format. Then it is just easy to import VOB to iMovie for editing. Besides, it also helps to convert and import other video formats like AVI, MKV, AVCHD, WMV, MPG, MXF, YouTube, FLV, F4V, ASF, SWF, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, OGM, OGV, 3GP and etc to iMovie.

Moreover, this powerful VOB to iMovie Converter itself is a VOB editor. It can merge several VOB files into one; trim only a segment of VOB video; crop VOB video, rotate VOB videos in landscape and vertical orientation; customize VOB file such as add subtitles and audio tracks to videos, add custom text and image , etc.
    Step-by-Step Guide on How to Import VOB to iMovie
    jeffcard Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
    You may refer to this step by step guide, it's about how to convert DVD and VOB file to mp4 video, and then you can drag and drop the mp4 video into iMovie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chrysler Import [ 1 Answers ]

Is a Plymouth Neon a Chrysler Import?

Import Tax in Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the U.S. and may want to give my current vehicle to my son who lives in Canada. Can I do that without him having to pay tax on the vehicle? I need to know soon.

Import messages [ 1 Answers ]

Old Computer - Windows 2000 OE6 New Computer - Windows Vista - Microsoft Mail I saved all of the .dbx in OE6 (Including Folders.dbx) -I put all of the .dbx's in a new folder called Outlook Express -Used Easy Transfer and Copied Them To A Folder On Vista -I Ensure that the files are not...

How do I import/ [ 1 Answers ]

How do I import a cd to itunes?

View more questions Search