Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimh92801 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Heil furnace manual
    HEIL model (GNJ 075M16A1) stat calls for heat, draft motor comes on, about 10 to 15sec ingintor glows, (Honeywell Q3400A) OHMS out cold 7.9 hot 12.3 decreases as cools down, gas valve does not produce pilot (still OEM product), all safties are OK, pressure switch seems to be fine (tested jumpered out) still nothing . Ingintor continues to glow waited 10 to 15 minutes still on. (did the old trick tapped lightly on gas valve no resalts. Unit belongs to a friend he says sometimes it works and sometimes not. I'm an old licensed retired 40 years service tech from vegas just helping out a friend. Circuit board has no indicator light to flash problems, could it be a timing issue with the circuit board, or a switching problem in the gas valve. I have power to gas valve (24volts) or the ingintor wouldn't glow I assume of corse we all know what assume means. Any suggestions thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 11:35 AM

So, it appears to be a gas delivery problem:
    1. Stopped up pilot tube
    2. Gas delivery pressure too low
    3. Faulty gas valve
    rtrehub Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 09:59 AM
    Noisy Induced Draft Vent Blower, furnace was installed in 1992.
    rtrehub Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 10:00 AM

Noisy induced draft vent blower, furnace installed in 1992. Seems to have some vibration.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Probably time to replace the draft inducer assembly unless you can see exactly why it is vibrating and make necessary repairs. Most of the time the blower wheel is having a problem and also most of the time the wheel cannot be purchased separately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heil Furnace [ 10 Answers ]

I have A Heil Furnace that starts up just fine Model #NDG1075DFo1, but after its running for 5 minutes or so it gets another call for heat, fills the gas box with naatural gas and re-lights this mix pretty violently. This may happen a few times during the heating cycle until the thermostat is...

Heil furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Diagnostic code lo pressue switch open when should be closed on two stage. Only on first heat cycle/lo. Does it need new lo pressure switch? Or simpiliarfix?

HEIL furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our heil furnace won't stay lit. It goes out after we release the pilot button. Any suggestion?

Heil Furnace-Combustion fan comes on but furnace does not come on [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Heil furnace. When the furnace tries to come on the combustion fan comes on but nothing happens after that. The pilot does not come on, no flames, nothing. I hired a service tech and he said that we need to change the gas valve since it faulty. Is there anything else I...

View more questions Search