Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richo5110 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Pull adult tooth down just lost baby tooth
    I'm 40 and just had one of my last 2 baby teeth fall out. They are both the 2nd from the middle 2 teeth. Six months ago the dentist shared they he would need to pull it out and then pull down the other tooth. He estimated that being about $8k. Is that true? I have another baby tooth on the other side so that's going to cost as well. Any idea of the cost for the oral surgery?
    Dondea Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:33 PM

I had a similar situation to yours several years ago.

I had several baby teeth in my mouth because the adult teeth never formed. I did however, have one adult incisor that had grown sideways into the bone of my upper jaw. I finally had to go to the dentist for consultation as to what I should do.

In my situation, I had to see an oral surgeon who put me under and removed all the baby teeth, as well as the adult tooth that was in my jar. They filled the hole left after the removal with a bone graft. Then my regular dentist created bridges for both sides of my uppers. The total cost including the bridges to re-create 10 teeth was about $6K. The oral surgery was about $2K in 2006.

In your situation, why not just have the baby teeth removed, the adult tooth removed and have bridges created? It would probably be less than the $8K. Perhaps you need to see another dentist for a consult?

Dondea
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 14, 2009, 06:57 PM

If it isn't broke don't fix it! Not every tooth needs to be replaced... you can leave a space if it doesn't affect your chewing
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 03:51 AM
    I'd definitely recommend a second opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull a tooth [ 6 Answers ]

How do you pull a tooth at home? My back molar has risen up because the top tooth had been pulled many years ago. The tooth has broken as well. Although it has risen up, it is still in there pretty tight. Can't afford dentist. Really.

No money to get tooth pulled and a false tooth then needed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tooth that needs to be pulled and I will need a false tooth. I do not have dental insurance. The tooth will cost about 300.00. Is there dental insurance that I can get that will pay for this procedure now or will I have to wait until I have had the insurance for a while?

Broken tooth - fix or pull? [ 4 Answers ]

I have broken a lower right tooth - 2nd from back tooth. The dentist says that I need crown lengthening to prepare for a crown. Is is better to have a crown or just remove the damaged tooth?

Funny baby tooth [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned a year and has 6 teeth. I noticed this morning that he has a back tooth that came in that is paper thin and had a bit of blood on it. I have searched on the interenet and can't find anything out. Can anyone help?

Abscess on Baby Tooth [ 7 Answers ]

My baby who is 2 years old in June has an abscess on his front tooth and I am worried about how the dentist can do anything with this tooth as he doesn't like anyone looking in his mouth. He just keeps prescribing antibiotics and he has had 3 lots at present. I think the abscess is due to...

View more questions Search