Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristigo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Need help to pay bills
    My fiancé and I are both not working, he is laid off (over 1 month) and hasn't received his first unemployment check, and I lost my job because I am attending college (nursing school) and my employer could no longer work with my school schedule. We have had zero money come in over the last 6 weeks and our bank account is $8.46. I just started a new job this past Friday, at a local ski resort as a server in the restaurant. I have fallen so far behind I don't know how we will ever get back on our feet. We have a 3 yr old son, Jake, I have no idea how I will be able to give him a Christmas. I live with my parents, Bob lives with his mom (because we couldn't afford our apartment), my mom just had a left knee replacement and is not working and my dad works at a local factory that makes trailers. This is their slow season so he will be laid off over Christmas. We haven't even put up a tree yet due to everyone being so down. It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when all you think about is bills and what the checkbook says. I have even thought of selling my Grandmother's wedding set and my engagement ring. If anyone knows of assistance that is out there please let me know, we live in Pennsylvania. Thanks for reading, we are just hanging on and taking it day by day.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 07:15 PM

Yes, first Christmas is not about "buying" things, so you need to rethink your mindset.

Have you looked into food stamps, and other government assistance ?
    What is the money in your husbands parents home ? Can they help some.

Have you went down to the salvation army and asked about help for your child for christmas, or talked to the relgious leader of your faith
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Hi, kristigo!

Around where I live, there's an organization called Project Now. Project NOW There a community action agency. They help people with many things like rent, mortgages, utilities, food, clothing, etc.

Perhaps there might be a similar agency located around where you live?

Thanks!
    ericka27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
    People Who helps Pay Bills LIke rent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't afford to pay [ 9 Answers ]

Hi at this time I can't afford to pay school taxes can they come after me? I'm on SSI and have no job,I'm not in school,I haven't paid school tax in so many years,I have never gotten a notice or anything from them. I'm just wondering if they can,I have spoken to them in the past and they...

If you sell inherited assets do you have to pay taxes in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

If we ,six total sell my dad property for $400,000 and we owe 130,000 on the propery how much taxes will each owe?

Can attorney pay filing fee to start a lawsuit out of his own pocket for plaintiff? [ 9 Answers ]

Is there any reason an attorney can't pay the filing fee to start a lawsuit out of his own pocket for the plaintiff if the attorney is taking the case pro bono? They will split any judgement money.

$2 Bills, other coins and bills [ 4 Answers ]

I have 10 1976 $2 bills 3 of them B- New York 2 of then C- Philadelphia 1 of them J- Kansas City & 2 of them F- Atlanta Does anyone know what they may be worth? I also have a lot of coins from Canada dated 1976 and up. I have a $10 bill from England dated 1812-1870

HUGE heating bills, VERY LOW cooling bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, first timer here. I bought this 43-year-old house last October, app 2000 sq ft, trilevel (main living level, 2 BR/bath up 7 stairs, 2 more BR/bath up 7 more stairs on top level). My heating bills last winter (2 year old Lennox AA600 80% efficiency furnace) were really high, around $300 per...

View more questions Search