Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 04:34 PM
    Is their a fuse for the fuel pump on a 1993 ford taurus?
    I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. Can you tell me if there is a fuse for the fuel pump and if so then where is it located. Also, how do you tell if the "constant control relay module" has gone bad on this type car?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 05:30 PM

Yes, the fuel pump fuse is located in the under hood fuse/relay box. There is, likely, a fuel pump relay in the same box. CCRMs are very reliable. You'll need to buy a Haynes Manual for your car, in order to test the CCRM--they are a very involved relay.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 06:56 PM

If all else checks out but your fuel pump isn't running, don't forget to check the inertia fuel shut-off switch. It may have gotten inadvertently hit and is now open.

If it's is a sedan: In front of LH rear quarter panel, above wheel well.
    If it's a wagon: In rear of RH rear quarter panel, behind wheel well.

There is a small cover that you need to open with a flat bladed tool and you can reach in with your finger to find the switch and, if it's open, simply press it back down till it clicks.

I have seen cargo shift and bump inside the car and cause this switch to open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced water pump 2003 Ford Taurus, won't turn now [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced the water pump on my moms Taurus and now the part the belt goes around won't turn. Can anyone tell me why and or what to do?

Fuel pump relay 1993 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the location of the fuel pump relay on a 1993 honda accord

Why does Fuel Pump Fuse on 2004 Ford Ranger 2.3L keep blowing? [ 2 Answers ]

Why does Fuel Pump Fuse on 2004 Ford Ranger 2.3L keep blowing? The fuel pump has been replaced with a new one. The fuse blew before the replacement and after.

1993 Ford Taurus Failed Smog Test =GP [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, & first off thank your time. I just got my car smogged today, And the results were not to pleasant, I took a picture of the results, So that it can be easier for anybody to help diagonose what's wrong with it. I know its going to need some repairing, But don't know where, And how much. ...

1993 Ford Taurus Leaking fluids [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have a ford taurus 1993, got it used off my uncle, I have noticed that near the hood to the middle, or possibly the driver side of the car, There is a small leak, the fluid appears to be clear, and odorless. My girlfriend also seems to think, there may possibly be a leak near the trunk...

View more questions Search