Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDoll3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Find the standard deviation for the given probability distribution.
    Assume that a researcher randomly selects 14 newborn babies and counts the number of girls selected, x. The probabilities corresponding to the 14 possible values of x are summarized in the given table. Answer the question using the table.

Probabilities of Girls
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 05:43 AM

Where's the table? How are we supposed to help without the most important piece of information?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard Deviation and E(R) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I need serious help with the following problem: Cineplex Inc is considering two mutually exclusive projects - Cable and Satellite. The Possible NPVs for each project and their associated probabilities are as follows: Cable: Satellite: ...

How do you find standard deviation [ 1 Answers ]

If I have the following information (A) 5%, 10%, 15%, 4% = 5+10+15+4 = 34% Sum 34%/4 Years = Average Return 8.5% How do I find the Variance, Standard deviation Coefficient variation

Standard Deviation [ 2 Answers ]

On one of my homework assignments I had this question: A coin is tossed 72 times. Find the standard deviation for the number of heads that will be tossed. Could you please help me get started? Then I will be fine. Thank you, Cheryl :confused:

Standard Deviation [ 3 Answers ]

The question reads, What is the standard deviation for the sample data below: 154,216,171,188,229,203,184,173,181,147 Round the answer to the nearest tenth. I have done this several times but my answer keeps coming up wrong. Can anyone explain this to me>?

View more questions Search