Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curious_boy Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Word is playing with me
    When I'm writing sometnhin and when I see that I made a mistake, I can't correct it because my whole sentence is vanishing... it looks like my corrections are eating the rest of the words an it's making me mad
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 02:14 PM

Sounds like you somehow hit the "insert" key. You need to go back into a document and hit the insert key and see how it acts. Then hit the insert key again and see how it acts. This should solve your problem. I've taught word processing since 1983 and this is the only thing that would "eat" up your characters on the screen.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 08:46 PM

Even easier. Note at the bottom of Microsoft word OVR is black. Click on it. It should go gray and everything will be fine.

PS: It drives you nuts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search