Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miesha momoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Court house marriage
    I'm getting married in a court room, and I'm not sure if I'm suppose to wear a wedding dress or not. Can someone help?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 14, 2009, 09:22 AM

You don't have to wear a wedding dress, but if you want to there's nothing wrong with that. The important thing is that you are getting married, congrats!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by miesha momoh View Post
    im getting married in a court room, and im not sure if im suppose to wear a wedding dress or not
    Hello m:

There aren't any rules. Wear what you want.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2009, 10:05 AM

While you can wear what you want, wearing a full wedding gown with veil and train may be a bit much and kind of cumbersome. I would opt for a simple white dress or suit.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 01:50 PM

I've seen women get married in the court house in everything from blue jeans to full formal gowns. It's your wedding, so dress in the fashion you've dreamed of. Good luck!
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Feb 25, 2010, 11:04 AM

My daughter wore her jeans and a beautiful white sweater. We went shopping for her "wedding sweater". It was perfect... so them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court house marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Wow I'm getting married to day! Its going to be in a small court room with 2 witness.I was woundring... what do I wear?? :confused

Court House Marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my fiancée want to get married but we don't want the big ceremony. I wanted to know how to go about doing a court house marriage before I go then and make myself look like a fool. :confused: Thanks So Much - Stressed Bride

Court house marriage! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for a littile while now and he asked me to marry him. Not long after I found out we are going to have a baby.. now he leaves for the army in 2 months and we want to get married before he leaves.. so we decided to go to the court house. BUTTT I want a big...

Court house marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my boy friend and I want to get married . We just want a fast marriage so we are going to the court houase what kind of documents do we need to bring he is from another country he has a pass port and a visa is that all he needs? Thank you annie

Court house marriage [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been engage for about a year now. We want to get married at the Chicago Court House. How do we go about this process? What are the regulations for the state of Illinois?

View more questions Search