Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PainandSuffer Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Should I Stay with a Cheater
    I'm 33 and been in this relationship for 8 years. Just a few days ago found out he had another cell phone where he kept her number and has been seeing her for the past 3 months. He has been in tears asking for my forgivness and another chanse to make this work. I am hurt my kids have heard him on the phone with this other women and I can't forgive him as well as my children. Don't know what to do.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 07:25 AM
    No trust = no relationship

If he can't earn back your trust; if you're not unsatisfied with his effort and progress, then this relationship will end whether you want it or not.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 07:32 AM

Crying because he got caught!

He was not thinking about you or the kids when he was talking to the other women.

Get a health check for sti and std's.

Take some time to let the dust settle and decide what YOU want to do.

If YOU decide that you want to try again, there is always counseling.

He has a lot of work to do,for you and the kids, he has betrayed his marriage,broken your heart and your trust... try and get your head together for you and the kids for christmas,and as for him, for now,let him cry,let him cry a river.

Dec 14, 2009, 07:32 AM

In my previous relationship I was cheated on and I never gave him a chance. I don't what to give him a chance but I have never seen him like this I can tell he regrets it but I'm not sure if its because he got caught or he really feels that way. He say he will change all his ways and has reallized that I will not put up with it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PainandSuffer View Post
    In my previous relationship I was cheated on and I never gave him a chance. I don't what to give him a chance but I have never seen him like this I can tell he regrets it but I'm not sure if its because he got caught or he really feels that way. He say he will change all his ways and has reallized that i will not put up with it.

Easy to say,harder to do.

He has realised you will not put up with him cheating, you would think that would have been part of the deal when you got together.

Take some time to think here.
    CanIBuyAClue Posts: 144, Reputation: 39

Dec 14, 2009, 09:22 AM
    If my significant other cheated, I would be out the door so fast their head would spin. In the back of your mind, you're always going to be wondering if they're going to do it again. That type of paranoia would drive me mad. Once a cheater, always a cheater. He's just upset because you caught him.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 14, 2009, 09:23 AM

Never stay with a cheater.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 11:41 AM

If he had never got caught, then you would never know, and he would still be doing it.

Leave him completely alone, to stew in his own juices, and pay the consequences of his actions.

Listen to your kids as they will judge you by your actions, and its so important to show them that bad behavior will not be tolerated.

Come on, you can do better than this.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 11:56 AM

Hello Pain&suffer,

I have to agree with everyone else.

You know, it's not like he went out got drunk, and had a one night stand. Then begs and plea for you back saying how sorry he is and wasn't in the right frame of mind. (Not saying that that excuses cheating, cheating is cheating!) He has been doing this for 3 months, AND had another phone in which he knew that what he was doing is wrong!

His actions were/are wrong! He had no regard for you or the children... Only himself!

Only you can answer that... I think everyone agrees that you should leave him.

Good luck.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 11:57 AM

I say never stay with a cheater.. my ex (as of last week) and I broke up and got together again so many times. And I just found out he's been cheating on me all along with friends of mine.. cheaters do nothing but hurt you.. if I had known all along that that's what he was doing while I was at work I'd like to think I would have left. Cheating sickens me
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 06:18 AM

Thanks enigma.. I just wish I had seen it sooner.. he'd been cheating on me for two years of our eight year relationship that I know of...
    Baust Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 07:47 AM

One night stand can be OK to forgive but not a CSP
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 08:05 AM
    He's sorry he got caught, that's it.

He'll lay low for a while, be an attentive boyfriend maybe a few months to a year, and then it'll start again. If you let this continue, he might even leave you for her, and think of the damage that would do.

I'm certain you know what to do.

Jan 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
    He asked me to marry him.
    After me finding a hidden cel phone. He admitted what he used it for came out clean and has been working on helping me gain his trust again. We have gone to counseling and sat and have talked of our future and 2days ago asked if I would marry him. I haven't answered yet. I love him but just don't want to give in. What do you think?
    JK191 Posts: 151, Reputation: 31

Jan 21, 2010, 11:50 AM

What was he using it for?

Jan 21, 2010, 11:55 AM

He was talking to girlfriends which I did not approve of. He has been out of the house since then but continues to come home everyday asking to come back and regrets not telling me because I'm "JEALOUS" he says. I researched the phone and he had purchased not even 3 months prior to me finding it
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 11:55 AM

So did the counseling help? And what do you mean by you won't give in?
    Do you still not trust him?

Jan 21, 2010, 11:59 AM

We did 3 sessions of conseling. It did help out somewhat. I don't want to let him seam its OK to hide things from me since we have been a couple for 8 years. Now he wants to show commitment.
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 12:00 PM

Is it that you love him,but if you say yes to the proposel you don't want him to think all is forgiven and that's the end of it,while your still recovering and hurting?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 12:02 PM

You're in the control seat. If you're happy with his effort, then continue moving forward. If you aren't satisfied with his progress, then make your feelings clear.

If there's no progress, regardless of how much effort you both put it, then maybe it's better to go your separate ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I stay or go? Forgiving a cheater [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this. I will try to make this as short as possible but it's a HUGE mess. I'm 27, my daughter's father is 28 and our daughter just turned 2. We went to high school together and each of us always had a crush on each other but I was with...

Why does this have to be so hard! Once a cheater always a cheater? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, So I'm completely confused on what to do. I have been dating my boyfriend for 8 months and we have had a "thing" for the past year in a half. He's everything I wanted in a guy. He is athletic, gorgeous, smart, funny, sweet, basically in my eyes.. perfect. Unfortunantly he's had a "troubled"...

Once a cheater always a cheater? Will he try coming back or not? [ 20 Answers ]

My ex and the girl he was cheating with got caught. I had posted asking if I should tell because I knew and her husband didn't. Her husband found out I guess like I did cell phone and emails. I'm just amazed at how fast it happened you guys were right I didn't have to do anything. They have...

Once a cheater, always a cheater? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently found out my girlfriend of one year was cheating on me for over a month... as far as I know. I left her and haven't spoken to her since. I was told the guy she left for has a bad past, sleeps around, has no direction in life, and has cheated numerous times on 2 ex's. What I want to know...

View more questions Search