Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spleenless9 Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Dec 13, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Bathroom remodel
    I am going to start my bathroom remodel soon. I'm thinking of tearing down the wall between the bathroom and kitchen, and moving it either 16" or 32" to make the bathroom bigger. It's not a load bearing wall. I was wondering how hard it would be moving the toilet & sink (and a heat register, but that's for a different post), as they are both on that wall. I would also have to move the tub drain, as that goes in by the toilet. I have cast iron coming from the tub & toilet, and they both connect to PVC. The bathroom is small, and the extra room would be nice. We just aren't sure if it would be worth the effort if it would cost too much. The kitchen is going to be the next room, so losing the wall there wouldn't bother us for long. Thanks a lot.:D
    Pete.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom remodel [ 5 Answers ]

Quick question: We are remodeling the master bathroom and need to move the toilet, sink and shower. Right now the toilet is on a dedicated drain line and the sink and shower share one. I'm will put in a P trap to use the toilet drain as the new shower drain. Can I combine the new sink drain and the...

Bathroom Remodel [ 11 Answers ]

I am buying an older duplex and plan to remodel and live in one side of it while I go to school nearby. I'm on a relatively limited budget so I'm trying to do as much of it myself as I can, but I am willing to call in the experts if need be. The bathroom is a good size, but I want to put the...

Bathroom remodel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a project and I am unsure how to approach this. We are trying to tie in a bathtub/shower combo, a sink and a washing machine together. There is a trap from the sewer line and then a Y piece which goes up to the tub drain and the Y to the rear for the sink and the Washing machine, That line...

Bathroom Remodel [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom and want to move the water supply lines for the pedestal sink. They currently come out through the floor about 2" in from an exterior wall. This makes them somewhat of an eyesore with a pedestal sink. I want to move the supply lines so they continue through the floor to...

Big Bathroom Remodel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, love this site!  I'm pretty handy around the house, but know very little about plumbing.  I have the basic concepts in hand okay, I just don't know any of the rules. My question is this: My current upstairs bathroom is tied into a 4" vertical waste stack that runs from my basement to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.