Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Verticle lines when photo printed
    I took a picture of water on a rug in a basement under fluorescent lighting, flash and a UV filter.

Screen pics are fine, but when the 2.3 MB images were printed as 5 x 7 on photo paper, there were verticle lines about every inch.

I guess I need a fluorescent lighting filter?

Do you know of any programs that will remove this anomaly?
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Dec 13, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I took a picture of water on a rug in a basement under florescent lighting, flash and a UV filter.

Screen pics are fine, but when the 2.3 MB images were printed as 5 x 7 on photo paper, there were verticle lines about every inch.

I guess I need a florescent lighting filter?

Do you know of any programs that will remove this anomoly?
    Are the vertical lines white, black, or colored? Are they perfectly straight? If you zoom in on the image on your screen can you see the lines in the image?
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 09:57 PM

I can see two whitish lines when I zoom not perfectly straight. They might be reflections.

Can't see the many verticle lines that were printed. The ones that were printed were somewhat colored and perfectly straight.

The water was on top of a blue rug. All te other pics taken under incadesent light/flash printed fine.

Actually, the lines are about 1/2" apart on the 5 x 7 printed photo, not 1" and they are top to bottom on the photo.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 13, 2009, 10:31 PM

It could be the printer.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 10:35 PM

Nope. All the other photos were fine taken the same day.

Only the pics under fluorescent illumination were a problem.

The other photos printed fine. All printed at the ~same time.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Dec 13, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    I took a picture of water on a rug in a basement under florescent lighting, flash and a UV filter.

I guess I need a florescent lighting filter?

Do you know of any programs that will remove this anomoly?
    If they are specular reflections, then you needed to turn off the lights that caused these reflection or else gobo the lights (a gobo is something that goes between (GoBo) the lights and the areas that were generating the specular reflections). It is also sometimes possible to use polarizer filters, but that isn't practical with fluorescent tube lights.

The only way to remove them after the fact is by cloning. Windows Paint and Adobe Photoshop both have cloning tools.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I get my photos printed? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am a photographer or 4 years. I need to get my photos printed to a size of 12x12, for a meeting I have. Where can I get them printed to this size? :cool:

Printed photo has green hue [ 2 Answers ]

I hope I am in the right section, if not I apologize. I have a Brother MFC 210c printer and when I print out a photo which was edited in CS4, I have a green hue over the whole photo. I have printed the same photo on a friends printer and it came out perfect, normal skin tone etc. Also when...

$1 printed with corner folded over [ 16 Answers ]

My sister who lives in TN has a 1995 $1 that was printed with the corner folded. Any ideas as to the value... we know nothing on the subject. Also, if she decides to sell, what is the best way to go about it so as to not be taken advantage of? Thank you. Tiger

Verticle deck support on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

what is the right way to install a 6x6 support for a 14' x 20' deck. The water level is only 2' below grade. Do I dig a hole below the water line. Do I put the wood on a concrete slab. The deck is only a couple a feet off the ground. Should I dig it down below the frost line.

Cards never printed [ 2 Answers ]

Here are some greeting cards never printed for sale: My tire was thumping. I thought it was flat When I looked at the tire... I noticed your cat. Sorry! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

View more questions Search