Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hello Im Johnny Cash Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2006, 11:21 PM
    Shortcuts In Documents
    How do I put shortcuts in text documents? I'm using wordpad, and I have a lengthy document. I know you can press ctrl or something and then a number to get to a certain spot (or maybe just page.. ) but how do I do this?
    Dale F Wiley Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello Im Johnny Cash
    How do i put shortcuts in text documents? i'm using wordpad, and i have a lengthy document. i know you can press ctrl or something and then a number to get to a certain spot (or maybe just page...?) but how do i do this??
    Hi Johnny,

I hope you meant Word not WordPad so I will give you the answer for Microsoft Word and I think what you are looking for is a Keyboard Shortcuts

Just go to Microsoft Word Help and look for or type in Keyboard shortcuts.

Control + G could be the only one you need for now.

Good Luck.

Dale :-)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2006, 09:39 AM
    Word pad is a bare bones word processor and doesn't have the ability to insert shortcuts.

Word has a feature called bookmarks. You an insert a named bookmark in place then use Ctrl+G (or Edit>Goto) to find and select the bookmark to go to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Documents [ 6 Answers ]

My ex- wife is trying to get a house but she wants me to sign a document stating that she will stop paying child support and will have custody of they kids... She said that she is only doing it to get in a house and also has a letter of intent for me to sign explaining why she is doing this with no...

Digitising Documents [ 4 Answers ]

I have owned my own home for 8 years and basically, have kept all documentation pertaining to mortgage, insurance, bills and banking - basically every letter I have, I file. You can imagine over time that space may become an issue and I want to know if I needed to produce any item of...

.exe Files Won't Run From Shortcuts [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here and have a problem with my PC. Last night while on the internet, a small window popped up which said something like " Windows will now shutdown". In the grey box below was the message "oh no :-(". My computer then shut down & automatically restarted. I have McAfee Viruscan and...

Computer Keyboard Shortcuts [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know where I can print a list of the shortcuts for the number keyboard, eg: alt+64 gives you @ and alt+63 gives you a? Is there somewhere that I can print out all of the short cuts, as I am currently working with a French keyboard, and need to know where all of these...

Scanning documents [ 1 Answers ]

I want to scan an application form to the computer, preferably to Word, and fill it out on the computer. I can get it to Word, but I can't work on it there. Thanks! rugcutter

View more questions Search