Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sam101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Dark gums
    My bottom and side gums just recently started turning blackish/brown like 6 months ago
    I haven't told anyone because I think they would be repulsed and I wouldn't want people talking about it
    I'm 17 and I would really want to tell my parents but I'm scared they would be very angry because I smoke marijuana from time to time and I've never smoked a ciggarrette in my life, there starting to kind of turn pinkish again in the middle but other than that there's no improvements and when I brush they bleed a lot and hurt

I live in Canada Bc, and would most likely not be able to fly anywhere for treatment and I really don't want to tell anyone about this.. is there anything me, myself can do (home remedy), its been months and I don't want to get the news of having gum disease which I'm sure might be the case help please?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 07:36 AM
    If you are brushing well, flossing every day and rinsing with an antibacterial rinse and see no change you really should see your dentist.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2009, 10:26 PM

I live in BC too, seems everyone is smoking pot here! Well first you should stop that because it's bad for your lungs/gums/brain etc. Brush, floss, limit sugar (like in coffee, pop, candy, gum, potato chips etc) Listerine can help stop gingivitis (bleeeding) Go to the dentist and they should be able to tell you if its anything serious (like periodontal disease)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dark bown gums [ 18 Answers ]

How do I turn my dark brown gums to pink? Hopefully there's a remedy for it in a homemade care tips for me to avoid spending much. Thanks

Dark Gums from smoking [ 5 Answers ]

Will dark gums from smoking turn back pink?

Dark colored gums [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do to lighten the color of my gums?

Dark gums. Looks veiny. [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya! Well I've always had pink gums but today I realised the bottom front bit of my gum has gone dark, when I look closely it looks like veins? I'm just so worried. Not sure what it could be. Thanks.

Dark gums [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a healthy natural solution for turning gums pink again?

View more questions Search