Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LittleLotus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 08:55 PM
    How do you play hard to get?
    Hey, I was wondering... how do you act hard to get?

I hate the way I act around this one guy that I'm dating right now. I feel like I have all the time in the world to answer his calls right away and that I show that I'm too available or eager to talk to him. I know for a fact that I do not want to display that but I act it anyway. I don't want to lie but I don't want to be weigh too cliny and act needy around him. That's what I don't want to display because most guys don't like girlfriends who are overly clingy.

Is there any way for me to act hard-to-get so that I can get rid of this display of actions that seems to follow me every where but not lie?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Well how long have u been datin this guy!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2006, 10:44 AM
    Playing hard to get is just that playing. If you want this guy to take you seriously, don't play games. Be upright and honest. If it works out great, if it doesn't he wasn't for you. If you are being open and honest and he doesn't see that then it's his loss. No games.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2006, 11:55 AM
    There is no reason ever to play a game with anyone. Be yourself and be honest about how you feel. If his feelings for you are real he will stick around. If not... lotta fish in the sea.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
    It doesn't work to "play" at being hard to get, however it does work to BE hard to get, honestly and genuinely. When you have a life that is fulfilling, interest from the opposite sex doesn't make so much impact and there is a natural busy-ness that is occurs to help keep their presence in perspective. The other person is just in your life, instead of being your whole life. Neediness comes from having no life, from being incomplete as a person-- not from attracting the ultimate mate. Its with you always but oddly only shows up when you get in a relationship. In its ultimate form its called codependency and ruins a lot of lives. It's a kind of desperation for love. It takes healing and growing to correct, often with the help of a professional. It was there I discovered how incomplete I was -- not my fault since I come from very dysfunctional people, but my responsibility to correct once I was aware of it. Until I did, all my previous relationships were destined to fail, I see that eventually looking back. I was not adult enough even though I was of age. Growing up was worth it too, since everything (especially relationships) got easier for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone play piano? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this forum Just wondering - does anyone play piano? If u do please tell me cause I have some questions to ask Thanks

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

Do I play his game? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so my ex used me and I have lost alomost all my feelings for him but I would like to get back at him... and apparently I have the chance... I have just started talking to my ex's best mate (well he started texting me now we talk on msn nightly) and he tells me stuff about my ex... like...

Laptop can't play a certain CD [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a CD with vidoes and files that I got with a text boot for my class. It plays on others PC but not on my laptop, a toshiba satellite. But, I can play other cd's on that laptop. Regards

I want to play [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am 24 years old, and my dream has always been to play basketball. I am not sure I am good enough to play in the wnba, and I am not eligible for college basketball because I already have a bachelor degree, and now I am preparing a master degree. I really want to know if there is a way I could...

View more questions Search