Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Road17 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 08:24 PM
    2000 toyota celica gt
    I've had it tested and the error code is p1310 and p0303 I've tested the volts coming from the ecm they are between .5 and 4.5 the ignition coil has 12v going to it. I even looked at the fuel injector and cleaned it out. I also replaced the number 3 ignition coil and it idled worse. When you accelerate it bogs down for few seconds then picks up am I doing something wrong. Thank You for your help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 09:20 PM

Apply a light coating of dielectric grease to the top electrode and porcelein of spark plug #3. Ensure the plugs are exactly the same ones that came in the car and gapped to spec.
    Road17 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 08:24 PM
    I appreciate the help TxGreaseMonkey I tried that and it didn't help but I will keep it in mind for the future. When I pull the #3 spark plug it had build up on it from what looks like a bad oil ring. Now the spark plugs are only 4 days old and the car has 125000 miles on it and only #3 was bad.Would bad rings cause it to bog down? Time to start at square one I guess.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 07:05 AM

Yes. Remove all of the plugs and run a compression test on each cylinder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accelerator sticking on Toyota Celica [ 6 Answers ]

Ok... I've gotten some suggestions on this before... and after following the suggestions I have some new information that may help you help me. I have a 1990 Toyota Celica and the accelerator sticks when I first crank the car. I have cleaned the distributor cap and the butterfly. After doing...

1977 Toyota Celica GT liftback [ 4 Answers ]

Where to find 1977 Toyota Celica GT liftbacks that are for sale?

Toyota Celica [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 toyota celica gt. My rpm is going up n down

Toyota Celica Body Kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Toyota Celica 98 model, sixth generation of Celicas. I want to "pimp" my car and add a sporty looking body kit on. Does anyone know a manufacturer/seller of body kits. Any ideas are welcome. If you have a pimped out car please post your car's photo.

1990 toyota celica [ 1 Answers ]

Apparently they washed the motor and now the car won't start. I changed spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor. I have spark but I tested the injectors with the light tester and I have no signal on 2 cylinders. I'm not sure if maybe the distributor went bad. I also put some starting fluid in the breather....

View more questions Search