Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mac420 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working
    Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was brought it the courts attention but since she was able to a pass drug test she was able for main custody. He can not return home till the 17th of December. What are the options that he has in the eyes of the law?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 09:13 PM

He can leave the child with the grandparents if he can't get the child. But for anything official ordered by the court he would first have to get a court date and that court date won't be before the 17th. Unless an emergency hearing is done but that isn't required. I'm not entirely sure what the question is... is there something specific that you are wanting to know? The law isn't something you can just ask a vague question like that and get option 1, 2, and 3.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 09:15 PM

Well first if they have "joint" custody she should not have "main custody"
    In pure joint custody she would have the child one week, he would have the child the next week, or one has child for 6 months, then the other.

So exactly what is their custody agreement.

After that, he can file in court for an emergancy order to give him temp full custody, of course he will have to make arrangements to be at home to care for the child and not traveling all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child going out of town without guardian.Paperwork needed? [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is what section my question goes under, if it is in the wrong area, please move it. My daughter's babysitter wants to take my daughter out of town on a little trip over the weekend. I need to know what paperwork I need to give her authorization for medical treatment if...

If I go school in a different town and that town secedes can I go to school there? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently live in a town, but attend school in another town, and the town that I go to school in secedes from the county, can I still go to school there? It's a public school. I live in Cook county, and 5 towns are trying to secede from it. My school is in that list, however, where I live is...

Town name [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody combine the following into a town name: Dagobah, Endor, Kashyyyk, Felucia You can use "ton," "ville," etc. I prefer it to be between 8-10 letters (preferrably 8) You don't have to combine all of them, just at least two Much Appreciated!

In town [ 8 Answers ]

I live about 15 minutes outside of town. I do like to take Rex(my dog) for walks in town every once in a while and he usually acts pretty good but with all the noises he gets distrated really easily. Does anyone have any tips on how I can keep his attention on me at all times?

View more questions Search