Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roweam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 12:39 PM
    How to rewire old fan motors
    I'm trying to rewire an old Western Electric dest top fan style W-134 3. (aprox 1910) How do get the windings out of the housing to attach the new wire? The wire was cut off at the housing and it looks like it has to attach to the winding somewhere.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 02:18 PM

<Moved from Home Electronics>

If you can, take a picture and post using go advanced/manage attachments.

Once you find the wire and solder, insulate with 4228-55ML MG Chemicals Chemicals
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 04:02 PM

Try Antique Fan Collectors Association

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Robert DeNiro's 'The Fan' ending theme! PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Terence trent d'arby The artist is Terence Trent D'arby and the title of the song is "Letting Go" but I can't seem to find any downloads. I use Limewire and the song doesn't come up. I've tried other programs as well but I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that play it for mp3 or...

How to wire fan switches [ 7 Answers ]

I got ground, white, black and red wires from ceiling. I got ground, black, white and black with white line wires on fan/light. Then I got 2 black and 1 red at the switch. I'm trying to wire the fan and light to a single on/off switch. Please help me out, I don't know what wire to connect to...

Ceiling fan remote troubleshooting [ 14 Answers ]

Casablanca Ceiling fan with light kit and remote. Versa Touch remote turns fan off and on, but the light won't turn off. There is no wall switch.

3 phase motors and single phase motors [ 4 Answers ]

Mike holt stated on one of his classes that in order for any eletrical equipment to work, that on one end had to be voltage and on the other side it had to have no voltage. So when the voltage goes to a three phase motor where does it go? Does it go to ground? I understand that the 3 phases are 120...

View more questions Search