Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mvchurch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 10:14 AM
    dsc 1832 resistor value
    I have a DCS 1832 and I am getting intermitting open. The wires at the control panel are tightly secured. It could be a resistor problem and I am unsure of to what the resitor value should be for the zones. Can you help?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 10:34 AM

Are you sure it uses resistors, if so, are you using Single or Double End of line resistors?
    It is 2.2K(2200)Red/red/red for single end of line,
    2 5600 ohm resistors for double end of line resistors.
    No resistors if EOL's are disabled.
    How many ohms do you read on that zone when it is closed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSC PC 1832 programming troubles [ 9 Answers ]

Hi…I am currently replacing an old DSC PC 2525 home security system with a newer PC 1832. The trouble is… I am having difficulty even getting to first base programming this unit Is there someone on board who can walk me through this? This is what I have: 2 new keypads.. a pk 5501 at the...

Trouble with DSC 1832 programming [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem . Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire . I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 . I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND....

Connecting DSC power 1832 alarm to phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a DSC power series 1832 alarm system that I want to connect to a central monitoring station. I have connected it to the phne line via a RJ31X telephone jack and cord set. I set up the system to monitor the phone line such that it should report an error when the phone line is no...

Coil resistor wire [ 1 Answers ]

Have problem with risistos wire on 1964 ford ware do you replace it from ?

View more questions Search