Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swirlypop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Disappointed with my teeth after having my braces off today?
    So today I went to the dentist to take my braces off. When I came home, my parents and my sister immediately noticed that the row of my front teeth were a bit front/out (diagonal-ish). It's not really noticeable if you're far, but you can tell if you're really close. It's not like really serious or anything, its still really pretty... but I kind of hoped that the dentist would have pushed my front teeth back a bit? It's so... I don't know... flared out a bit. It's not serious to the point where I can't shut my mouth or anything.

I don't know, have you guys experience the same problem?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 07:15 AM

Slightly bucked teeth were and still are considered to be quite attractive and add to facial features, swirlypop, You said yourself they are really pretty. So don't be disappointed, he has given you an asset, and you will gradually notice that. I bet your smile is really attractive !

Tick
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Dec 13, 2009, 10:23 PM

Well sometimes there is a limit to what the orthodontist can do without giving you jaw surgery (breaking it)
    NiniiTrann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2010, 03:56 PM
    YES! I'm going through this right now! I'm very disappointed with the results.. I've had braces since 7th grade for 2 years and got them off in September 09. My teeth were pretty straight but I noticed that my top row kind of slants outward.. like the tips right? And when you smile it sticks out slanted.. kind of hard to explain. It doesn't go inward towards my bottom teeth.. ugh. Well I made them put it back on for me to try to fix it, so I'm currently wearing them again! They said there was nothing they could do about it because that was how my gum/ jaw was made.. but that's all lies because before braces they weren't even like that at all! I don't even know how to explain to them what I want them to change.. ehhhh hopefully they fix it. So have you talked to them about it? Or are you planning to keep the results?
    ElleysIT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
    I had the same problem. But the big glitch was that my jaw is extremely ing small (I have a really small face.. with big cheeks. BOO) and my top molars are pretty big for my jaw. My teeth are perfectly aligned but because they're big.. the top row juts out just a bit even though when I bite down, the bottom teeth meet the back of the top teeth in the middle. I begged my orthodontist to do something but he said that I actually have a really small number of teeth in my mouth:14 on the top and 14 on the bottom. The average human has 32 including wisdom teeth. I have the average amount. My ortho told me how serious it would be if he extracted teeth because if he did, it'd have to be up and down. If he did that, it could screw up my entire jaw and cause me problems for the rest of my life. I can see where he's coming from-he went to USC dental school so he's a pretty smart guy.My mom's not happy obviously and neither am I.But I can't help my mouth for being like this naturally. To emphasize how insane my teeth are-when I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed, the dentist discovered that one of them had actually molded onto my jawbone which freaked him out during surgery. On the x-ray, it just LOOKED like the tooth was touching the jaw bone but in reality it was molded onto it. Naturally, he got extremely freaked out but he couldn't cancel in the middle of surgery because he'd already had a quarter of my wisdom tooth out and if he did.. infection would happen with a half cracked tooth inside my gums. Long story short, he did a lot of maneuvering and when I saw the pieces of my wisdom tooth, I was really shocked because when you piece them together, they were really huge, nearly 3/4 of an inch wide, LE SIGH, I really dislike my teeth sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Top Row of Teeth Stick Out After Braces [ 21 Answers ]

So I just got my braces off today and my top row of teeth stick out. I've always noticed it while wearing the braces but I thought it just LOOKED like my teeth were slanting out because I had brackets on them. But after taking it off, it became obvious that it was no optical illusion. So I was...

My teeth after braces [ 12 Answers ]

Hi guys, I got my braces off about 5 months ago. I've been wearing my retainer as instructed and everything is going well. The only problem is, after my braces were removed (after about 3.5 years) I've noticed that my teeth have become REALLY sensitive. What can I do to help this or alleviate...

Braces Retainer. Wire behind teeth or clear plastic? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my braces taken off today from the top and bottom teeth. I have to go back in a weeks time to get a clear plastic retainer on both bottom and top teeth as prescribe from my dentist. My friend told me that it is better to ask the dentist to put a thin wire behind my four main teeth which...

Bad Orthodontist, Teeth still messed up after braces! [ 23 Answers ]

I am an adult and had braces for 2 yrs and 3 months. My top teeth were straight but my bottoms were a little crooked plus I had an extra tooth on the bottom. Also I had a slight underbite. I went to 3 ortho's before I choose him. All of which told me I would have to have jaw surgery. Hes the...

View more questions Search