Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckeye43212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 05:32 PM
    violation of probation, but not convicted until probation is supposed to be expunged
    I am currently on probation for paraphilnalia charges and my one year is over and this is to be expunged on jan 5, 2010. I recently have been charged with theft hoewever, and I probably will not have a hearing and get convicted for this until after jan 5th. So techniqually I will have been expunged from probation before I am convicted of this new misdemeanor. My question is when they go to give me expungement can the theft charges stand in the way of that? Am I better off calling my PO and being honest with him and he might just extend my probation or make it harsher? Keep in mind that I'm in college at Ohio state and have a job, and the possession charge was out in hocking county, they have not called me down once this entire year for random drug testing (I assume they have bigger problems than me)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 05:45 PM

Prior to the expungement your record will be run and you will be found out. Better to call and be honest about it instead of trying to dodge it. If the PO does do the proper record check your new case will be discovered and your PO will violate you for the new charge.

And you are not "technically" off probation until the Judge signs your Termination from Probation Order regardless of what date you are supposed to be off probation. Any PO worth his salary runs a NCIC check prior to having the Judge sign the termination paperwork. Granted, you could get lucky on this due to overloaded cases, etc. and conversely you could get caught.

This is definitely up to you what you want to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 06:10 PM

If you were already off probation before the new crime happened, it will not revoke your probation, but could make the judge not explunge it.

If the crime actually happened, even one day before your probation was officially ended, it can even revolk your probation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Convicted felon on probation have been arrested for similar charge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a convicted felon in decatur,ga ireceived five years probation for possession of marijuana (felony) and possession of a fire- arm by a convicted felon. I'm on felony probation, back in June I was arrested for misdeminor possession of marijuana, failure to yield while turning left and...

Can I Get Off Probation Earlier Than I'm Supposed To? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Jodiann Heslop, I was chargedwith aggrevation battery with a deadly weapon. And been put on Probation for 3 Years, I started on 11/30/2007. I was curious to find out if I could get off probation earlier than I suppose to. Because I want to move from Florida and go live with my mother...

Convicted while on probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was 1 month from finishing a 3 year probation sentence, I was then convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to another 3 years. Now I found out that I could be violated because the court may not have noticed that I was already in probation. Can the courts actually slip up on something like this?...

How long after probation my a convicted felon get a passport? [ 2 Answers ]

How long after a convicted felon gets off probation to get a passprt?

View more questions Search