Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 04:29 PM
    How many kinds of people are there?
    I've heard it said, "There are two kinds of people in the world: Those that divide the world into two kinds of people, and those that don't". What do you think? Spiritually speaking, are we all of the same kind, two kinds, or many kinds? Most Christians seem to believe that there are only two kinds--saved and lost. Of course Catholics do have purgatory to complicate the picture. Islam also seems to be pretty much in the "two kinds" camp. From what I've read and heard, the oriental religions (Hindu, Buddhist, Taoist, at least) are more of the "one kind" persuasion. Do I have it about right, or not?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 05:54 PM
    Well you have the athist who believe it really don't matter anyway so why even worry.

But in general yes Christians see it basically black and white, either saved or not ( and they don't believe all christians are saved, they even see some denominations are false and following satan) so you can say all have a basically yes or no, but they can't agree on what that yes or no is.

Now you will have some churches ( and if I get this wrong I am sorry guys) but like the Latter Day Saints, who I think have varoius degrees of heaven, so you are saved better than others depending on factors in your faith.

And of course reincardiation, you can go up and down in each life, I guess do better this time or worst next time.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Nov 12, 2006, 06:49 PM
    To me there is only one kind of people-- called human beings. I wish more people had this point of view because human nature has proved that its much harder to do spiritually unfit things to what is considered your peers.

But I didn't get that from any specific religion.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 13, 2006, 12:16 AM
    I see nothing wrong in having a black or white stance as Fra Chuck points out. WhatI see as wrong is the assumption that we know definitely which persons will or will not eventually come to a right standing before God based on their present situation. For example, using another person's membership in a religion one believes to be wrong as the basis to claim knowledge of that person's ultimate destiny to me is the ultimate expression of hubris since it should be more than obvious in view of our limited human condition that we simply don't qualify to judge others in that way.
    Chepszor Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 05:06 PM
    In my honest opinion. There is no difference between any kind of people. When you give it a tought. Most people say there are Bad and Good people. What makes someone bad ? What makes someone good? Let me refer. When someone does something "bad". What makes him do this? There must be a reason. This person is either confused or unknowing or trying to show or tell other people something. Now when someone does something "good" what makes him do this? He wants to show or tell somebody something. Or wants people to have a certain image of him or her (this also counts for "bad") Most people get hold up with the wrong idea. And tell me. Is missinformation a bad thing? Is seeing things from a different vieuw a good thing? I think its all the same. Everybody has his own toughts about things, that's the way it should be to.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 05:19 PM
    There are three kinds of people in this world:

Those who can count...

... and those who can't.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 03:51 AM
    Think this may explain my user ID name :). I believe, and I am a Catholic, that there is only one kind of people. We all are one children of God, with our strengths and weaknessess. We all hurt, feel pain, feel sadness, want to love and be loved. We all have the same fears. I do not feel one religion is right or superior over another. To me, different religions are like roads, it doesn't matter what you call yourself, as long as the road you travel on, ultimately leads to God. As I said, I am Catholic, and love my religion and am so grateful for it, but that is because it works for me. I am proud to be Catholic, but I respect, admire and embrace other religions.

So to answer your question, I believe in my heart, we are all one people with all the same hopes and fears. Painful events in life have a tendency to change the person we are, and how we view and treat others, but underneath it all, I pretty much think we are all the same regardless of the religious road we travel.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 17, 2006, 04:37 AM
    When I spent time in a hospital for depression many years ago, one of my favorite staff members used to say, "The only difference between the people out there and the people in here is, the people in here are getting help!" :)
    That pretty well sums it up for me. Those who get it... and those who don't. :D
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 17, 2006, 05:24 AM
    The world is too big for there to be a definite answer, but since I want to answer this it will be done to my best ability. There are a few kinds of people in this world; the good, the bad, the ugly, liars, thieves, givers, takers, I could go on and on. Wow, actually more than I thought to say on this topic, so here goes:

There are those who will give their time to help fix a problem, and there are those who will make excuses to sit on their rear for their own sake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enlarge the breasts by using kinds of foods? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know kinds of food to enlarge the breasts naturally

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

What kinds of tax return should I file,when is the deadline of them [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I got h1-b visa, arrived and worked in usa in October,2005. I got one w-2. According to w-2 I paid five kinds of taxes:federal income tax,state(new york) income tax,local(new york) income tax, social security tax and medicare tax. I am wondering how many kinds of tax return I should file. I...

Question about laminate flooring, using 2 diff kinds [ 6 Answers ]

Currently our house has a Victorian style laminate floor in the Kitchen. The kitchen floor meets the carpet of the living room in a doorway. I was was wondering if anyone has used a different type of laminate flooring where it would meet with another room of a different pattern? The kitchen...

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

View more questions Search