Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Dec 11, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Urgent for graduate school professors
    Hi! So I need some fast advice:)

As a teacher what would you accept?

I had a group project where my team members did not provide me with information in time to complete the project This is a computer class whre we were creating a database. Anyway, I emailed them & emailed my teacher to ask for an extension, and to do the project alone. I never heard anything back and the teacher gave me a bad grade. Now I am in a bind because I can do the whole group project but it will take me about 2 days ( its pretty extensive). I want to send a appeal to my professor and a request to still turn in the assignment. But the discrepancy is whether I should turn in my appeal and request for extension ( including emails sent to my team members regarding the project as proof) without the project attached because I still have to do the whole thing... Or wait until I finish the project in a couple of days and attach in the appeal letter.

My advisor syays I should send the letter now to ask for an extension, but a teacher friend of mine says it will be looked at as jibberish without the work attached and I should wait. Help Please!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 07:49 PM

Depends on your professor, you knew the deadline and should have been getting with the other members and long before the due date, if other members not helping that is when you go see the professor.

I see no reason to finish the project if he is not going to consider it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school graduate [ 1 Answers ]

Did Walter Payton attend Greenville High School, Greenville, MS

Graduate school admission [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I am an international student applying for masters in biotechnology and a second option as masters in computerscience.I am trying for a graduate school in California.I did not manage to get a good score in GRE (880/1600) and my toefl score is 94/120 .I have a good GPA.do I stand a chance...

Looking for a Graduate School Of Ed. For Ph.D. [ 3 Answers ]

Have been a teacher for many years and am now getting into teaching Educ. Courses at the college level. I want to begin pursuing a doctorate (preferably Ph.D. Ed.D. fine too). Problem is I will be likely (although not certainly) moving in the next 1-2 years. Meaning I don't want to start a...

Son didn't graduate high school what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello my son dropped out of school at the end of his senior year. He thought he was doing the right thing We live in Ky. He got a job in Fl. Making 25 an hour. This is good for a 18 year old boy so he thought. The company got in trouble now he has no job or diploma. He now has no job. This...

View more questions Search