Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 09:58 AM
    What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the
    What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the tile cost $8.91 per square yard?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 11, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Well a couple hundred and a six pack ;)

Square feet to square yards and times cost..
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?clien...=Google+Search
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the tile cost $8.91 per square yard?
    Count up the square feet, divide by 9. That is square yards. Then, mulltiply that by 8.91
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:10 AM

Ok, So I was thinking it was 12 X 20 making it 240 sq. ft. So then I have to convert that to sq. yds correct. so 240 X .111111111 which gives me 26.67 sq. yds. So total price is $237.63. Very nice. I was doing it way wrong. I was just dividing the 240 by 3 thinking it would give me the 80 sq. yds which was way too much.'

Thanks. It wasn't a homework problem either.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 11, 2009, 10:19 AM
    See I was close with a couple hundred ;)

So where's my six pack then ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 12:08 PM

It is in the mail! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Floor Bad on Feet? [ 4 Answers ]

So this is probably a ridiculous question and probably in the wrong section, but I'm stressed out so I'll ask anyway. My son will be four this week. We moved into this house shortly after he was born. We have no carpet. We have hard wood floors and ceramic tile. While it's nice and all, I'm...

Square Feet Board Feet? [ 4 Answers ]

If I know how many square feet I have and I know the thickness of the material I have how I convert these values to square feet?

What is the cost of moving a heat pump unit 10 feet [ 2 Answers ]

I want to put a woodstove in my basement. However the build put the heat pump 3 feet from my thimble to my chimney... is it very expensive to move a heat pump unit about 10 feet into a corner

Long Distance Cold Feet [ 18 Answers ]

I've been in a mature long distance relationship with a 30 year old woman for almost 2 years and it recently ended. We were always open and honest with communication and made the point of trying to see each other for at least a couple weekends every month. We also talked on the phone everyday. ...

Drain line 5 feet long going into main stack [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a washing machine drain line using 2" ABS pipe. The drain line will be installed within a 5 foot horizontal run going into the main stack. Within 5 feet of the main stack, do I need a vent line? Thanks for the help.

View more questions Search