Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clairissa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 09:52 AM
    I have a ceiling that only leaks about once a week
    One morning my ceiling had a big bubble in it. The landlord found that the sink pipe in the apartment above me had rotted. They replaced it and that seemded to be the end of the problem. But three weeks later it started leaking again. They tried to fix it again. But ever since then it has been leaking, but only about one night per week. What would cause a ceiling to leek only at night, and only one night per week.
    cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Dec 11, 2009, 03:37 PM

What is above you? Sink, shower/tub as in bathroom, or kitchen?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 12, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    What would cause a ceiling to leek only at night, and only one night per week
    If someone above was taking a weekly shower that would explain a lot. The first place I would check is the shower in the upper apartment.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bathroom ceiling leaks whenever I shower [ 8 Answers ]

My bathroom ceiling started leaking last November, I left the shower on for 10 minutes or so with the bathroom door shut. The leak started with a short thin line dripping on my ceiling at first, then the line grew irregularly long and stretched to almost the two sides of my bathroom. ...

First Flowr Ceiling Leaks When It Rains [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2 story home. When it rains, sometimes the first floor ceiling leaks. Have a bathroom above the leak, but it leaks only when it rains

Leaks in ceiling from A/C [ 1 Answers ]

The bathroom ceiling in my father's house caved in from leaks in the A/C system. We were told that rats may have eating the rubber insulation in the water return supply pipe producing condensation. We insulated the pipes as much as we could reach. Six months later the ceiilng show leakage...

Bathtub leaks on to ceiling below [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I take a bath and drain the water I find water dripping from the ceiling below the tub. This doesn't happen when showering. What could the problem be? Leaking pipe or bad tub drain?

View more questions Search