Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jfritts7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 05:43 PM
    How do I adopt my partners son?
    I am a woman in a relationship with another woman who has a son. How do I go about adopting her son?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2009, 05:51 PM

Please ask your question once - we are all volunteers and it takes time to get to all the questions.

You would need to biological father's consent before you could proceed.

This also depends on your State. You definitely need an Attorney.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2009, 08:19 AM
    You definitely need to start with an attorney. Rights for same sex couples are still in their infancy. So this is going to be a tough sell in court. Some attorneys will give an initial free consult. A local Family Law attorney will know if the law can support your request or if the local courts will.

You might also try your local Gay Rights organization, they may be able to refer you to a lawyer to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adotion, finding son given up [ 3 Answers ]

My son was given up in 1979, I would like to find him but donnt know how

My partners ex wants her husbnd to adopt there son [ 1 Answers ]

My partners ex missus wants her husband to adopt there son and my partner what's to know what rights he has?

Does it cost to adopt a partners child? [ 1 Answers ]

Does it cost for a partner to adopt there girlfriends child? Father unknow on birth certificate biological dad has no contact

Five sex partners! [ 31 Answers ]

I'm a 20 yr old female whose had 5 sex partners in the last one and a half yrs never at the same time though... I don't practice promiscuity but it's just that every time I find a guy I think I can settle down wit an things get sexual after awhile there's always sumting an the relationship doesn't...

View more questions Search