Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Multiple choice
    My EX Mother-In-Law (88) who I love dearly (I believe we are each others biggest fans) sends me a Christmas card every year.

It is always addressed to Deb and Greg (my husbands name is Glen):)

Do you think she is...

A. Forgetting, even though I always send her one also with both our names.

B. Sticking it to me for dumping her son or

C. Trying to be funny:D
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Dec 10, 2009, 05:38 PM

My parents are in their 80s also and I believe she just is forgeting. I see my parents and answer the same question about 6 times while I'm their. It's not easy but if you always got along before She must be forgeting things. It will be better for you when you remember in the future.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2009, 05:45 PM

Hello JD:

B.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 08:04 PM
    So, I have an 'A' and a 'B' :rolleyes: Thanks:)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Hi JD, you've written about your ex MIL a couple of times, I think, she sounds like a real card; I go for 'C'.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 12:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Hi JD, you've written about your ex MIL a couple of times, I think, she sounds like a real card; I go for 'C'.
    Okeydokey, then I vote 'A'.

I get like that sometimes, I make a mistake with a name and then just can never get it right.

I remember years ago I kept calling this guy Barry, that wasn't his name but I'd got him confused with someone else. He used to get REAL shirty and I got to the point where every time I saw him all I could think of was 'Barry' and his actual name would just disappear instantly from my mind. Still have no idea what his real name is.

Anyway, your ex MIL probably just can't quite remember what it is. At least they both start with the same letter!
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Okeydokey, then I vote 'A'.

I get like that sometimes, i make a mistake with a name and then just can never get it right.

I remember years ago I kept calling this guy Barry, that wasn't his name but I'd got him confused with someone else. He used to get REAL shirty and I got to the point where every time I saw him all I could think of was 'Barry' and his actual name would just disappear instantly from my mind. Still have no idea what his real name is.

Anyways, your ex MIL probably just can't quite remember what it is. At least they both start with the same letter!
    Sorry:o I meant to say 'please' vote again:)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:30 AM

I have to go with A.
    I can see the similarity in the names and if she wanted to be vindictive she would omit him from the card entirely.
    My Mom is 85 and she has similar problems,she gets something wrong in her head and no amount of correction changes it.
    I say,since you love her so ,think the best of her :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 05:26 AM

My own grandmother is younger than that and she spells my name differently every year!!
    In the past I have had:
    Cheryl
    Charyl
    Sheryl
    Sharyle
    Sheryle
    It's rarely ever right! The thought is there though that's all that matters.

I'll go with A for sure
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 09:52 PM

I think it's 'A' too.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 09:57 PM

My mother before she passed, called me Dorothy almost every time we talked.

I am Greg to this nice lady in a nursing home.

So who knows
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 01:14 AM
    Thank you everyone, I'm going to go with the majority and have my husband change his name to Greg>:);)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few questions I can't figure out... 1. When converting from cash basis to accrual basis accounting, which of the following adjustments should be made to cash receipts from customers to determine accrual basis service revenue? A subtract ending accounts receivable B subtract beg...

Multiple choice [ 1 Answers ]

Company issued $4,000,000, 5-year, 12% bonds for $4,280,000 with semi annual interest payable on March 31 and September 30. If the effective rate of interest is 10 %, determine following: Part 1. The interest rate paid on September 30 is ____ A. $ 150,000 B. $ 100,000 C. $ 140,000 D. $...

Multiple Choice [ 2 Answers ]

if you have to guess on two multiple choice questions had five choices, what is the probability that you guess correctly on both guesses?

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

Multiple Choice, Please help me [ 2 Answers ]

Of the following different types of securities, which is typically considered most risky? a) Certificates of deposit b) Long term government bonds c) common stocks of large companies d) U.S. treasury bills

View more questions Search