Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brent38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fans troubleshoot
    I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and the fan works just fine. The problem is the light. The light will come on as it should but sometimes it stays on for a few seconds or as long a 5 mim. Then it just turns off on its own. I bought two of the same fans and the second one works with out any problem. Can you help to troubleshoot the light going on and then off on its own?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 04:13 PM

When the light truns itself off can you still get a power reading from the socket with a tester?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:25 AM

First try changing the frequency of the remote and receiver. See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that had beautiful ceiling fan in the master bedroom. This fan's blades have a ticking noise that increases as the speed is turned up. They are the snap in type blade not screw-in. I have tried to remove and replace them, used shims, and balanced the fan over and over...

How do you troubleshoot hampton bay fans/remotes [ 3 Answers ]

Have three large fans and 3 remotes; all remotes turn lights on/off and dim them; only one remote turns on one of the fans but not the other two. Wall switch is main on/off for all three fans. Have put in new batteries for all remotes. Just bought house; don't have manual. What components might...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it was installed by the contractor doing other work in our house. When the four (4) lights are on in the fan, after some time (one hr or so) the lights go off by themselves... also, if the fan is off, after a while it goes on by itself. The light is...

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 5 Answers ]

I have a HB ceiling fan that is mounted very close to the ceiling (there is no space between the fan housing and the ceiling cover. The ceiling cover has no removal screws and is one piece and appears attached to the top of the fan housing. I was able to unscrew the fan motor shaft from the top...

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

We are installing two Hampton Bay ceiling fans on a cathedral ceiling in a two story great room. For efficiency purposes, do the fans need to be mounted on poles, or can they be installed tight to the ceiling?

View more questions Search