Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Bush closes the gap
    (This is just too good to pass-up)

"Public Policy Polling:

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news generally for Republicans and especially ones like Rob Portman who are running for office and have close ties to the former President."
    Ben Smith: Political News and Analysis - 6/2009 - POLITICO.com

Bwe he he
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 07:16 PM

Everyone knew Bush II was a drunken dope taking buffoon. But everyone knew what he was. At least we could poke fun at this jerk.

Now people are waking up to the fact that O is not the "wonderful person" that he claimed to be during the election. He is everything he claimed he was not. They should have gotten awake prior to his election. Too late now.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 03:24 AM

Everyone knows that President Bush did not take a drink once while he was in office;and in fact has been sober since 1986.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 04:56 AM

People do seem to be seeing through the media portrait of a "doofus" (where have I seen that) that didn't do well with teleprompters to the man that kept the terrorists away from the U.S. for seven and a half years, got more AIDS research done and help distributed in Africa than anyone else ever, fought a two front war without raising taxes, and (the one thing I admire most about the man) told the French to get stuffed.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    People do seem to be seeing through the media portrait of a "doofus" (where have I seen that) that didn't do well with teleprompters to the man that kept the terrorists away from the U.S. for seven and a half years, got more AIDS research done and help distributed in Africa than anyone else ever, fought a two front war without raising taxes, and (the one thing I admire most about the man) told the French to get stuffed.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    (This is just too good to pass-up)

"Public Policy Polling:

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news generally for Republicans and especially ones like Rob Portman who are running for office and have close ties to the former President."
    Ben Smith: Political News and Analysis - 6/2009 - POLITICO.com

bwe he he
    That quote appears nowhere in the link you posted. Plus there no mention of the pool you reference or any numbers at all. It just goes to show that the people who posted above me didn't even bother to look at the OP.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That quote appears nowhere in the link you posted. Plus there no mention of the pool you reference or any numbers at all. It just goes to show that the people who posted above me didn't even bother to look at the OP.
    The quote and the citation were posted without any comment by me except the title; if any revision to the article was made, and I am not accepting your comment for the truth of it anyway, contact Politico and Ben Smith.
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 11:19 AM

I would be interested to read a poll that illustrates how many McCain voters now agree with Obama policies; really, it is early for 'buyers' remorse' to set in. I can understand the frustration by 'independents', but they voted for Obama at their own (and our) risks.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Everyone knows that President Bush did not take a drink once while he was in office;and in fact has been sober since 1986.
    Oh Tomder, I haven't had such a good laugh in weeks until I read your comment. That was truly a real knee slapper!

I guess all the "Bushisms" such as "It's hard to put food on your family" or "Send troops to Iraqastan" were said when he was sober(?) Don't think so. Also "We're going to go after more tourists".. not terrorists, but tourists. Come on, he also had no clue where he was when he went to New Orleans touring the damage from Hurricaine Katrina when he said "We're gonna, we're gonna rebuild this great city, uh, uh". Surely you can't say the man was not smashed on booze or drugs at the time. I'm still wondering if that man was legally or illegally retarded.
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 12:32 PM

Oh yes, I did forget about him falling off a bicycle, holding the book upside down during 9-11, and the coffee table beating the crap out of him incident where he had a gash on his forehead. Doppy maybe, drunk more like it. Also, he kept exhibiting the dead giveway Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer red nose and face indicative of a drunk and/or doper user. I'm sure I can dredge up a bazillion public photos of this "weird condition" of his nose and face in a heartbeat.

Also, were you there to follow him around 24/7 to see if he was sober or sneaking a few eyeopeners prior to going to "work" every day? Probably not as you had your own life to live for 8 years while he held office.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 02:46 PM
    I would say this is what George Bush thought of us all
    Bush's One-Fingered Victory Salute - Bush Flipping Off Camera Picture
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Dec 13, 2009, 08:02 PM

Basing Bush doesn't make Obama look even a tiny bit better.

Are you one of those who, when challenged, change the subject?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 03:28 AM

holding the book upside down during 9-11
    snopes.com: Bush's Upside-Down Book
    Surely you can't say the man was not smashed on booze or drugs at the time.
    I often wonder what you are on .You advance every wacko theory in the book.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE 7.0 closes automatically without warning [ 2 Answers ]

Of late while using IE, I find that suddenly without any warning, the browser window closes. I have WIN-XP, Professional installed. I have an anti-virus continuosly running & monitoring. No virus were found. The Registry is also being checked by Registry mechanic. Kindly advice remdial actions,...

Tub drain closes by itself [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what would cause (a fairly new tub little over 2 years old) to make the tub drain handle go into the closed position so the tub fills with water? It will not stay open. Thanks...

Parent page closes [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a problem that just started and cannot figure this one out. I will click a link that opens in a new window and this works fine. However, from there I am having major problems. If I close the new window, the original page closes and the new page that I have tried to close turns into a...

Window closes automatically [ 3 Answers ]

What causes a window to close automatically when you are using the Internet?

Flapper closes to soon [ 4 Answers ]

I have a low flush toilet that has a problem. When you flush it instead of pushing the handle down and walking away you have to stand there and wait for the water to drain. I took the tank top off and looked in side. This is the kind of toilet that has the floater that is a cylinder on the input...

View more questions Search